Using A Bili Light To Treat Gilbert's Syndrome Jaundice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GilbertsSufferor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking they use Bili-lights to treat Crigler Syndrome. Its suppose to work less efficient after age 4 cause of the skin thickening. Would it be ok to work with Gilbert's Syndrome? Would there be any side effect? Would the soluble Bilirubin pass the brain barrier? Do bili lights have any long term side effects? Would the light get pass skin barrier enough to be effective?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
im confuzzled here, this is the first time ive ever heard of treating gilbert's; isn't gilberts a benign hyperbilirubinemia?

im confuzzled here, this is the first time ive ever heard of treating gilbert's; isn't gilberts a benign hyperbilirubinemia?

Yes its benign, but most of us suffer from fatigue, brain fog, and lists of other symptoms, along with jaundice at a young age which causes depression and anxiety.

Yup, you can supplement with vitamin B2 to counteract B2 depletion. Are you asking your questions in preparation for Step 1 or for another reason?

Another reason, I'm a sufferer and have been searching and trying to find a fix for jaundice in gilberts syndrome. Some say the jaundice should be periodical but most of us are jaundiced 90% of life after 20.

Yes its benign, but most of us suffer from fatigue, brain fog, and lists of other symptoms, along with jaundice at a young age which causes depression and anxiety.

Another reason, I'm a sufferer and have been searching and trying to find a fix for jaundice in gilberts syndrome. Some say the jaundice should be periodical but most of us are jaundiced 90% of life after 20.

Protip: Go see a doctor rather than seeking medical advice on an anonymous forum full of people who are generally at least two years away from even receiving a medical degree, let alone completing a residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Protip: Go see a doctor rather than seeking medical advice on an anonymous forum full of people who are generally at least two years away from even receiving a medical degree, let alone completing a residency.
I have seen 2 docters and they say there is nothing they can do. Before I try this I will go see my main docter. Just wanted to get some opinions on this before I do that so I know what to bring up.