Using Anki for MCAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but can someone tell me or direct me to a thread that explains how to use anki for mcat prep? I'm new to anki; do you just make cards up as you go through prep books based on what you see in the books?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but can someone tell me or direct me to a thread that explains how to use anki for mcat prep? I'm new to anki; do you just make cards up as you go through prep books based on what you see in the books?
When I made my Anki cards I went through the AAMC content outline and made a card for each bullet point. I used sites like mcat-review.org and premedhq.com which had nice concise pieces of info for almost all the bullet points. If I felt I wanted more info on the cards than what was on those sites, I'd make cards from EK books, Khan videos, or useful info/diagrams I found doing a quick google search.

Reactions: 1 user
Check out this thread, otterxavier explains how he used Anki to help him get a 526. If you CTRL F "pulmonary" on that thread, it'll bring you to his post that has a lot more detail about his Anki use.