Using Kaplan FL to study Psy/Soc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverance7779311

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used mainly Kaplan's full lengths to learn the psych/soc terms for the mcat and done well?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think Kaplan isn't sufficient for Behavioral. I studied with Kaplan, then did the Section Bank from AAMC and felt lost. I watched the Khan academy videos and felt much more prepared. I highly recommend those in conjunction with the AAMC materials, especially the Section Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No one source is sufficient for P/S studying. You should be using a combination of the sources available to you. I personally used Kaplan with AAMC materials and Khan Academy practice passages (which are an excellent resource).

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think people give a lot of credit to Kaplan when it's due. I think it covers a good portion of what the AAMC outlines. Supplement with KA and your good. Also, be aware that it's possible there could be some words/terms/theories you have never heard of but that's okay. POE and other clues will narrow down answer choices.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally think Kaplan isn't sufficient for Behavioral. I studied with Kaplan, then did the Section Bank from AAMC and felt lost. I watched the Khan academy videos and felt much more prepared. I highly recommend those in conjunction with the AAMC materials, especially the Section Bank.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@tjo422 , thank you! I really appreaciate your input

I don't think people give a lot of credit to Kaplan when it's due. I think it covers a good portion of what the AAMC outlines. Supplement with KA and your good. Also, be aware that it's possible there could be some words/terms/theories you have never heard of but that's okay. POE and other clues will narrow down answer choices.
@betterfuture , Thank you!