About the ads

using mcat books for dat?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by efh4, Jul 23, 2003.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the DAT

Thanks to DAT Destroyer
  1. efh4

efh4 Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I have access to free Kaplan MCAT books...are the DAT science and verbal sections similar to the MCAT? Would these books be at all helpful?
  2. wimmcs

wimmcs Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I actually heard that some of the MCAT materials cover the science sections more thoroughly and are often better than the DAT materials, however, I'm not sure if this includes the Kaplan materials. Sorry. I know I read about this in a previous thread a few months ago. You may want to do a search.
  3. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Kaplan MCAT book will help you; especially on the Bio section. For O-chem/G-chem, I think regular DAT book is good enough. Don't do MCAT verbal for DAT, it's way too different.
  4. dr_benj

dr_benj Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I have both kaplan books. The MCAT book is almost identical (neraly word for word) to the DAT book as far as the sciences go, with the exception of physics which is not covered in the DAT. Additionally, the MCAT book has problem sets after each science section. They are only somewhat useful however, as they are in the format of the MCAT exam. hope this helps.