Using pre-new MCAT practice passages and questions for 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alma1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Specifically, I'm thinking of obtaining the EK1001 books or a pre-2015 TPRH workbooks (for either verbal or science). Would it make sense to search and drop a lot of money for new CARS and Science workbooks and/or use EK1001 material?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you could find pre-owned TPR workbooks (science and VR) online, especially here on SDN. Those materials would be beneficial to have at this moment early in the year seeing how there isn't that much practice out in one book just yet for the new test. However, it's a trade off - if you can't find these books cheaply, then you might as well lay down the cash to buy books specifically catered to the 2015 test.

I think you could find pre-owned TPR workbooks (science and VR) online, especially here on SDN. Those materials would be beneficial to have at this moment early in the year seeing how there isn't that much practice out in one book just yet for the new test. However, it's a trade off - if you can't find these books cheaply, then you might as well lay down the cash to buy books specifically catered to the 2015 test.

That's what I reasoned too. I've only seen a few 2015 workbooks sold online, and none of them are lower than $400 each. I think that the test will probably go through much fine tuning in the next few years anyway, which will yield a low return on investment for prep course material.