Using Prometric Website to Register for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuckaMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to register for Step 3 on the Prometric website and am a bit confused. I want to get the answer to this question before registering since I want to do the exam in about a month and don't want to get dinged with the 31 day appointment change fee if I screw it up.

When I go to check the available spots at nearby Prometric sites, there are certain days listed as available and others that are not. However, Step 3 is a 2 day test. Does this mean that I need to find a location with 2 consecutive days listed as free, or can I register for an available day that has an unavailable day right afterward (and it will just slot me in for the next day automatically)?

Illustrative Example: Testing Station A has May 22 and 23 listed as available. Testing Station B has only May 23 listed as available.

Questions: Can I register at Testing Station B? Can I register at Testing Station A for May 23 and 24? Or is the only place I can register Testing Station A on May 22 and 23?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you can register at either place, just like you said. The difference is, in station A, you already know which the two consecutive days are, but at station B you will find out what the next test day is, once you select May 23 as a first day. It may be that the next day is right after, May 24, or not till a couple of days later, and they will show it to you, once you select May 23 as a first day. When I was registering, I kept selecting the available days just to see what the next day would be and then chose the sequence I liked. Sometimes the two testing days were separated by almost a week. I hope it is clearer now.