About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Prometric Website to Register for Step 3

Discussion in 'Step III' started by SuckaMD, Apr 14, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. SuckaMD

SuckaMD

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi All,

I am trying to register for Step 3 on the Prometric website and am a bit confused. I want to get the answer to this question before registering since I want to do the exam in about a month and don't want to get dinged with the 31 day appointment change fee if I screw it up.

When I go to check the available spots at nearby Prometric sites, there are certain days listed as available and others that are not. However, Step 3 is a 2 day test. Does this mean that I need to find a location with 2 consecutive days listed as free, or can I register for an available day that has an unavailable day right afterward (and it will just slot me in for the next day automatically)?

Illustrative Example: Testing Station A has May 22 and 23 listed as available. Testing Station B has only May 23 listed as available.

Questions: Can I register at Testing Station B? Can I register at Testing Station A for May 23 and 24? Or is the only place I can register Testing Station A on May 22 and 23?

Thanks.
  2. Taurean

Taurean Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I believe you can register at either place, just like you said. The difference is, in station A, you already know which the two consecutive days are, but at station B you will find out what the next test day is, once you select May 23 as a first day. It may be that the next day is right after, May 24, or not till a couple of days later, and they will show it to you, once you select May 23 as a first day. When I was registering, I kept selecting the available days just to see what the next day would be and then chose the sequence I liked. Sometimes the two testing days were separated by almost a week. I hope it is clearer now.