Using work for you parents as ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medikit

Plastic Bag Middle Class
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I helped my father, a dentist, during a summer in the lab cleaning his tools and cleaning down the ops after they finished with patients. I also help maintain the computer network there at the office. Should I list both of these as EC's or will they be looked down upon because the contact person is my parent.

Members don't see this ad.

It?s not like he is writing an LOR for you. I?d use it; you spent the time and effort no matter who (or is that whom....frick....I'm getting a 1 on VS) you were working with.

thewzdoc said:
It?s not like he is writing an LOR for you. I?d use it; you spent the time and effort no matter who (or is that whom....frick....I'm getting a 1 on VS) you were working with.

I hope you do really well on your mcats so you never have to think about them again

Medikit said:
I hope you do really well on your mcats so you never have to think about them again

If I do poorly it'll be the only thing I think about again...... :scared: (not really but it will seem like that at the time....)