USMLE Irregular behavior charge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeftRenalVein

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My world was turned upside down recently when I received notification that I was being investigated for an irregular behavior charge regarding a recent Step exam I took. I'm a 4th year student. I don't want to go into my particulars, but I will say that I am innocent of what they are charging me with. If anyone has faced this charge before please PM me with any advice you may have. Right now the number one issue for me is which lawyer to hire (or whether a lawyer is even necessary). There seem to be only a few in the US that have experience in dealing with the USMLE on this charge. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My world was turned upside down recently when I received notification that I was being investigated for an irregular behavior charge regarding a recent Step exam I took. I'm a 4th year student. I don't want to go into my particulars, but I will say that I am innocent of what they are charging me with. If anyone has faced this charge before please PM me with any advice you may have. Right now the number one issue for me is which lawyer to hire (or whether a lawyer is even necessary). There seem to be only a few in the US that have experience in dealing with the USMLE on this charge. Thanks.
Without details, nothing we can do. Sorry brosephine. SDN isn't for legal advice anyway.

I posted something on a message board that was interpreted as seeking actual exam answers, which was not my intention. I had used my real email address and felt I had nothing to hide. So I was in shock when I received this notice. I'm not seeking legal advice here. Just want to know if anyone has faced this charge and how they faced it.