USMLE USMLE STEP 1 Secrets vs Crush Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whizkizz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I see alot of convo on USMLE Step 1 Secrets as a comprehensive source for Step 1.

But I also came across Crush Step 1 which doesnt have as much conversation going on but I hear good things.

Anyone use either or both and can enlighten me on the path to take?

Also my time frame is around 2 months so if there were better sources outside the obv ( i.e pathoma, brs physio..) it would be great
thanks guyz

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same qn here about Crush usmle Step1.

Stellar reviews in amazon. just wondering about this book as an adjunct to FA

I have both- I use crush step 1 more often though. I really like it. I mostly use it if I need a general overview on something difficult to grasp.

thanks for your reply. you think buying it about 40 days before your exam, just for a fast read and revision could help in some way?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I have Crush and I really like it too as I feel it provides really logical explanations for pathology instead of just requiring you to memorize stuff. Some of the dialogue kind of reminds me of Goljan.

I would not recommend that you use it in your last 40 days of study. I think it should be used with classes.

Crush is to me during M2 what costa so was to me during certain blocks of M1.

I agree, Crush is amazing. I wish I knew about it sooner. I read through it once about a month ago, and it really helped understand some of the things I didn't understand from FA. It's a great resource when you have the time for it, although some sections are better than others

Unfortunately, I'm also about 40 days away from the exam and had to drop everything except FA and Uworld. I wouldn't recommend starting Crush when you are so close to the exam. Maybe a section that you are really weak in, but not the entire book.

I am taking my step 1 in mid April. Planning on doing a lot of reviewing over winter break. Is it worth getting Crush??