USMLE USMLE Step 2 CS 29th April 2020 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmc2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hii Guys.
Hope you all are safe in the current pandemic
who is expecting the CS score to be released on 29th April
Let's discuss how was the exam experience and how are you holding up.

Stay safe!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
alright future lurkers I was really worried esp about ICE because I had been in a year-out doing research stuff and hadn't seen patients in a while. I:
-- forgot to ask PMH, past surgical hx, meds, allergies, FMH for one of the patients <--this is why you write this stuff out before you go in the room FOR EVERY PATIENT!!this was one of my last patients and I figured I was in a rhythm so I didn't write it down and then forgot to ask everything
--forgot some combo of FMH/allergies on 2-3 other patients
--did not know how to do some of the physical exam maneuvers I knew intellectually I needed to do
--forgot the names of certain diseases so made up super non-technical names
--put barely any physical exam supporting evidence
--forgot BASIC labs to order

that stuff is on top of the usual mistakes all the people say on this thread that freaks them out like forgetting to counsel about lifestyle changes and putting <3 ddx and what not.

Reactions: 2 users
PASSED! prayers were answered! Congrats you guys.
For those you did not pass. I am so so sorry. I was in your shoes and it sucked. Please reach out to me if you want to talk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
PASSED! Received an email this morning from NBME that my score will be released at 11 AM Eastern.
Sit tight y'all! I definitely thought I failed. There were 2 cases where I had no idea what was going on or what was being asked of me.
Most students pass, so keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 6 users
Let me tell my story with out any exaggeration.
NonUs IMG. 10 years passed after medical school graduation and has been far away general practice.
Studied first aid and chicago notes, some sheets. Took 3 days course in Atlanta, last day was for mock exam. Passed mock exam.
I have been doing research in US since last july and my English proficiency is intermediate. I took cs just for having a medical license in united states and applying for clinical fellowship in my specialty. I started to study 1 st of December and took exam at 20th of Feb.
I studied mostly online and with my co fellow but honestly we did not study all physical examination until last week and I learned orthopedic examination in course.
In my mock exam 5 out of 13 sp told me there was no issue about sep but rest of them adviced me to speak slow and loudly which I did in the exam.

In my exam, time was run out in once case so I couldn't do closure and did not let the patient know why I have to leave, just said I have to leave and will be back with results.
I did not understand the speech of two patients and was not able to answer challenging questions and somehow I got angry with one of them and did not share my ddx with him :D
There was 1 room that true diagnosis was not in my ddx list!
In 2 or 3 room my differentials were not in correct order and supporting findings were not enough.

Even during the exam and break times I was feeling that I would fail. That was definitely true feelings. I thought I would fail from sep and ice.

What I did correct ?

I did all CIS components. Wrote good patient notes. I can't recall much things that I did perfect but I smiled all patients and did good physical examinations in allmost all encounters. I showed confidence during physical examination which was my strongest part during whole exam. My performance is borderline in all components and it was the same with mock exam.

That was a true nightmare and thankfully it passed.

Reactions: 4 users
Passed. Congratulations to you all and for those that did not pass this time around, please reach out.

Reactions: 3 users