usmle transcript help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnnisl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone--How are you all sending your USMLE score reports to the CAS? In the manual,it says the originals are preferred but photocopies can be accepted. So,are you guys sending originals or copies? As far as I know,extra transcripts can only be requested for a 3rd party like ERAS and not for ourselves. I'm just wary about sending my originals,even if you can request them to be returned, since any replacement copies don't have the performance profile on them. Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

cnnisl said:
Hi everyone--How are you all sending your USMLE score reports to the CAS? In the manual,it says the originals are preferred but photocopies can be accepted. So,are you guys sending originals or copies? As far as I know,extra transcripts can only be requested for a 3rd party like ERAS and not for ourselves. I'm just wary about sending my originals,even if you can request them to be returned, since any replacement copies don't have the performance profile on them. Thanks and best of luck to everyone! :confused:

I'm just sending the original. I did, however, make a photocopy for myself.

Incidentally, you can purchase a USMLE transcript for yourself if you wanted to.

Okay, well I guess I shouldn't be so paranoid about sending the originals. How do you request a copy for yourself?
What is everyone else doing?

has anyone else embarassingly ripped the report open like a ****** when you got it? i dont think a photocopy would look any better, but mines kinda ripped...i guess im going to just send it, im assuming the programs just get a copy of the original..
scm