USMLEWorld Invasion of Privacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbish828

Jumping thru hoops
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had an update of the USMLEWorld iphone app. Now the program won't work unless I permit USMLEWorld access to all the photos on my phone. I emailed the company and they said I have to permit access to my photos but they "promise" not to access my personal photos. They said they're trying to protect their intellectual property, but I'm not sure how they do that without looking at my photos.

This is a major violation of privacy, especially considering they took my money, then changed the policy. Has anyone heard of a way around this or is something being done to push back?

Members don't see this ad.

I just discovered this issue and am surprised that more noise hasn't been made here and on other similar forums. Gonna have to delete those photos I've been sexting to my attending.

they simply want to make sure you are not doing screen captures, since it is incredibly easy to do so

(home plus sleep button at the same time, for those who don't know)

They'll send you a warning message if you tried that

There are ways to bypass UWorld's "vaunted" security.. but this is highly inadvisable.. for obvious reasons..