USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 3 - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
logo.jpg

Step 3 MCQ (Multiple Choice test Question) Qbank

Our Step 3 MCQ Qbank subscription includes the following contents:

• Over 1300 high quality, unrepeated multiple choice questions
  • State-of-the-art, classic board-type questions created by real-life physicians
  • Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent illustrations and charts that are easy to read and interpret
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Customization of practice tests (create subject-specific, system-specific or combination tests in timed, untimed and tutorial modes)
  • Suspend and resume a test at anytime at your convenience with 24-hr account web access
  • Compare performance scores with other USMLEWorld users, see which subjects you need to improve and view your cumulative performance outline
  • Consisting of sequence, set, drug-ad and abstract-based questions
  • Mobile qbank companion app available for iOS and Android based devices
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 Qbank subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_qbank.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 Qbank Subscription Rates

• 30-day Qbank membership: $99
  • 60-day Qbank membership: $145
  • 90-day Qbank membership: $185
  • 180-day Qbank membership: $299
  • 360-day Qbank membership: $399

Step 3 Self-Assessment Exams

Self-assessment exam subscription consists of:

• Four blocks of questions (48 questions per block) in timed mode
  • Completely different set of questions (not taken from Qbank) written based on most realistic exam content
  • Answers and detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Score report with assessment score and approximate USMLE™ 3-digit score
  • Detailed analysis of relative strength and weakness in difference subjects and systems
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 self-assessment exam subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_exam.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 Self-Assessment Form Subscription Rates

• Self-Assessment Exam Form 1 (2-weeks): $30

Step 3 CCS (computer-based case simulations) material

Our Step 3 CCS section includes the following contents:

• 52 Interactive Step CCS cases (The only true online interactive CCS software)
  • 41 Case management read out material
  • Continuous updates to cases to comply with the exact Clinical Case Simulation (CCS) software keywords
  • Detailed Explanations for Case management, Scoring and Clock Management for interactive cases
  • Continuous updates to cases as needed based on the feedback
  • Key to Success and tips for the exam
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 CCS subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_ccs.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 CCS subscription rates

• 30-day CCS membership: $80
  • 60-day CCS membership: $100
  • 90-day CCS membership: $120
  • 180-day CCS membership: $140
  • 360-day CCS membership: $160

Discounted combination subscription packages
To review the combination prices, visit http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx and click on the large Step 3 image. This consists of all currently available subscription options including combination packages.

FAQ

Q: When does a subscription start? Can it be purchased now but used later? What if I purchase a combination package consisting of multiple courses?
A: All subscriptions go into effect from the time they are activated and not the time of setup/purchase. It can be activated immediately or anytime thereafter. If your initial purchase consists of multiple courses (qbank, self-assessment exam, CCS, etc.), each of them can be activated individually and independently via your account on our website as preferred. This process of activating a subscription after purchase allows you flexibility of starting a subscription when you are truly ready to utilize it.

Q: Is there a guest account or trial option to test the product prior to purchase?
A: We do not offer guest/trial accounts to test our product(s). However, you can view a demo of our software from each of the product pages. You will need to have Adobe Flash installed on your system to view the demo.

Q: Is the software accessible via mobile device (Android or iOS powered phone/tablet, etc.)?
A: Access to Qbanks via certain mobile devices is provided as an additional feature, but it is not intended to be a replacement for computer access. We currently provide a Qbank Mobile app for select iOS based devices (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch) and Android based devices (phones or tablets), which can be found in each of their respective app stores. In order for users to install and use the app, their mobile devices must meet our system requirements (outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx page). Not all products are available to access via mobile devices.

Our developers are aware of request for mobile access on other devices/platforms and are reviewing potential options and implementation scenarios however, an exact time frame (of if or when a solution will be available) is not currently known. Once an app is ready, it will be announced directly on our website.

Q: How often is the content added/updated?
A: All of our products have a finite set of questions/cases and we routinely review and update them based on new research, changes in diagnostic and patient management practices. We do not maintain alternate content for any of our products. Question containing older or non-relevant material are replaced with updated question content.
- Content for Step 1 does not change that often as it is based on core scientific principals
- Content for Step 2 is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedure and medical research (this occurs quite frequently)
- Content for Step 3 is also changed based on new protocols in patient management (not as frequently as Step 2)
- Content for our Self-assessment exams, Subject Review are changed only if the question/concept is obsolete

Q: Does USMLEWorld offer any discounts for new purchase?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts to individual subscribers for purchase of a new subscription. To inquire more about group discounts, please contact us (via http://www.usmleworld.com/contact_us.aspx page) with:
- Number of users in the group
- Desired subscription package(s) (from those outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx page)
- Contact telephone and available timings

Reference URL's
- View a non-interactive demo of qbank/CCS Interactive software: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step1/step1_testimonials.aspx
- System requirements: http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx
- Answers to a majority all general/technical queries: http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx

Raffle Giveaway
We will be giving away one "Step 3 Qbank 60-day Membership" to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by the forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (respond to other member questions, share their usage experience, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

I've used UW for step I and II and it's been really helpful for both. I'll hopefully be taking step III at the beginning of my upcoming intern year. Any thoughts about what the best way to use the step III qbank is while doing an academically rigorous IM internship? For step I I used all of it in 1.5 month before the exam and for step II I used it though out MS3 year.

I used UWorld for Step 1 and 2 and couldn't be happier with the product. I plan to use it exclusively for Step 3 as well. I have been told it is sufficient.

I used UWorld for both Step 1 and Step 2ck prep, and I found it to be extremely helpful.

For Step 1 prep, I used only First Aid and about 80% of the UWorld question bank over the course of ~3 weeks and was able to score in the 250's.

For Step 2ck, I did not find a text I liked so I opted to rely only on the UWorld question bank. It had served me well for Step 1 prep, so I trusted it. I had less than a week to prepare for 2ck, and I had only done marginally on my MS3 shelf exams (scaled scores ranging from 65 to 96, which was 20th to 93rd percentile, and I averaged about 60th percentile over the whole year). Using only the UWorld question bank, getting through about 2/3 of it, I was able to score in the 260's on 2ck. I think the reason I did so well, even without seeing a large part of the UW bank, is because the questions and explanations teach you HOW to think. Also, there is a lot of redundancy that helps. What I mean by this is that although I did not see 1/3 of the questions, I probably read a lot of the information they would have tested as I reviewed the explanations for the WRONG answers to the questions I DID see.

Overall, it is the highest yield resource for all of the licensing exams. I have a friend here at school who did nothing but the UW bank in his dedicated Step 1 prep. He completed the entire bank 3 times and ended up scoring in the 270's. You need a resource like this to help you integrate information and understand how questions can be phrased. You could memorize FA and just get an average score if you haven't learned how to approach problems by practicing with UW.

Members don't see this ad :)
USMLEworld is by far the best review platform for step 1 and step 2. Having spent time with both Kaplan and USLMERX, I can honestly say that USMLEworld offers the most realistic questions and the best explanations of any of the software-based platforms. Memorizing endless amounts of information is not the way to go! Get this test platform and begin integrating all of the subjects at the same time!

If you want to do well get a subscription to USMLEWorld and grab either First Aid for step 1 or Step up to step 2. This combination leads directly to success!

Step 1: 257
Step 2: 272

- I couldn't have done as well as I have without the help of USMLEWorld!

I agree with everything that was said. I've tried Kaplan in addition to UWorld for steps 1 and 2, and the caliber and focus of UWorld are much more spot-on. Not only is it testing more high yield stuff for steps, but also UWorld tests multiple levels of depth of knowledge (i.e. diagnosis (1st level) -> treatment/drug (2nd level) -> mechanism of drug (3rd level) -> etc. etc.), instead of simpler pieces of info. This makes the q's harder, but also presents more opportunities to learn things you didn't know before. Kaplan q's can also be difficult as well, but in a different way. They tend to focus on rarer, more esoteric, and relatively minor details that you don't know, but are also not very high-yield for steps.

Another thing I would add is that UWorld qbank interface is super realistic. When you take the test, you would feel like you are taking another UWorld block (though you're obviously more stressed out :laugh:).

I want to echo a question that was asked before. Does anyone know how to study for Step 3 during the intern year? I know UWorld figures prominently in the studying, but how do people use it? Bit by bit throughout the year? During outpatient months? During vacation? :eek:

Preparing for any exam is daunting specially when considering USMLE exams. It is highly recommended that you utilize all of the material available to prepare for USMLE Exam such as your lecture notes, reference books, study group etc. Using a single resource may lead to limited exposure to content needed to pass the exam.*

You may want to seek feedback from your peers on this matter via our forums or other community sites dedicated to USMLE test preparation.

I have used USMLEworld for the Step 2 and the thing that surprised me the most was how spot on the Qs offered on the test bank were compared to the ones on the actual USMLE.

Because of USMLEworld, there were no surprises on the actual board exam and I passed. In fact, it made the USMLE much easier than the COMLEX.

I am curious as to how close the q-bank for step 3 is to the actual test.

Last edited:
@alphaholic06: Response to our Step 3 CCS interactive software has been very positive. Our users have used it to learn case management using Primum modeled software.

Would not have been able to study for Step 1 or 2 without UWorld's help.

How does this qbank compare to those 2 regarding its difficulty?

I used UWorld for both USMLE step 1/2 and COMLEX level 1/2. I did not use a COMLEX specific qbank for either, just your product. I will only be taking COMLEX Level 3, is UWorld for step just as relevant to the COMLEX as it is the USMLE for step 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with everyone else's thoughts regarding UWorld. It's truly the best! I also wonder about how to study for Step 3 during intern year.

First I would like to add to all the comments that everyone has given about how wonderful UWORLD was for step 1 + 2. Completely agree that your product is easily one of the best out there for test prep! The fact that the interface was nearly identical to the real deal was a plus too. Love the extended explanations, for step 2 I didn't even use a study book and was able to rely on the accurate and useful explanations to get 240+. I also appreciated the uworld iphone app that allowed me to do questions while on rotation. What a great way to use my free time.

Now regarding Step 3, from what I could glean from the step 3 threads, it's really a whole different beast since we will be so busy during intern year so I am curious to know (like above user), what is the most popular subscription length? As well, how well do your self-assessment exams reflect the real deal? I noticed at least from my own personal experience, that the step 2 self assessment exams correlated much less to the real deal for me than the step 1. Finally, have you heard any feedback from students who have used step 3 which study book resources are best to complement uworld?

@bocciball, Kate6058 & hab818: The most commonly purchased subscription for Step 3 is 90-day Step 3 (Qbank + CCS) + Self-assessment Exam 1 (2-weeks). Individuals that have used our Step 3 self-assessment exam report their score was very close to 3-digit score reported by our software. Since, they did not share their exact score or percentile, we are unable to predict scores or offer any additional speculative correlation data.

As for additional study resources, we recommend seeking feedback from your peers who might be in position to offer more direct suggestions based on first-hand experience.

Like many of the others who have posted before me in this thread, I have used USMLEWorld for Step 1 and Step 2. My school purchases Kaplan QBank subscriptions for everyone, so I have used both, and I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that USMLEWorld is the best use of time for board preparation and shelf exam preparation during 3rd year, using the Step 2 QBank. It is my mission to get my school to end their Kaplan affiliation and go with USMLEWorld. Anyone would be better off doing USMLEWorld twice, rather than once with Kaplan, or any other test prep company for that matter. The question bank provides the most relevant questions with the best explanations, which essentially provide a review book's worth of information, but in a way that allows you to apply your knowledge and build upon it, in a memorable way. Using USMLEWorld for the past 4 years has truly allowed me to build and retain my knowledge base and I feel much more confident entering residency, with many thanks going to the fine people behind USMLEWorld. I absolutely plan to use the Step 3 QBank during intern year.

Is there any discount for group purchases? If so how many people do you need in the group and what is the discount?

I am echoing the same question. Honestly, I don't even know how similar USMLE Step 3 and COMLEX Level 3 are. I have found USMLEWorld to be very valuable for both Level 1 and Level 2 of the COMLEX, and hope to use it for Level 3, but does anybody have any insight as to what the score actually means? I am under the understanding all I need to do is pass the test. I've been accepted to a residency program and not sure what else it will accomplish to be honest. Any other insight?

All that aside, I have only positive things to say about USMLEWorld for all the times it's been helpful in not only REVIEWING but RE-LEARNING some material I was pretty rusty on.

Thanks

Like many of the others who have posted before me in this thread, I have used USMLEWorld for Step 1 and Step 2. My school purchases Kaplan QBank subscriptions for everyone, so I have used both, and I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that USMLEWorld is the best use of time for board preparation and shelf exam preparation during 3rd year, using the Step 2 QBank. It is my mission to get my school to end their Kaplan affiliation and go with USMLEWorld. Anyone would be better off doing USMLEWorld twice, rather than once with Kaplan, or any other test prep company for that matter. The question bank provides the most relevant questions with the best explanations, which essentially provide a review book's worth of information, but in a way that allows you to apply your knowledge and build upon it, in a memorable way. Using USMLEWorld for the past 4 years has truly allowed me to build and retain my knowledge base and I feel much more confident entering residency, with many thanks going to the fine people behind USMLEWorld. I absolutely plan to use the Step 3 QBank during intern year.
I agree...By FAR best value for my time...and I'm learning that time is something I'm not going to have much of my intern year!

UWorld was the best resource for both Step 1 and Step 2. The explanations are well written and the questions really make you put everything together. I was surprised at how well the UWorld software mimics the real exams. Taking Step 1 and Step 2 to me was just like doing a few blocks of UWorld. It takes a little bit of the stress away when you know what to expect come test day. Will definitely be using UWorld for Step 3!

became strangely addicted to usmle world qbanks for step 1 and 2. look forward to once again indulging in my compulsion for multiple choice test questions via the step 3 qbank.

Used USMLEWorld for both step 1 and 2. It was an invaluable resource for both and I couldn't have gotten the scores I did without them. I have heard pretty good things about the step 3 qbank and plan on using it for step 3 when that comes.

USMLEWorld would like to thank SDN for inviting us to participate in Test Prep Week 2013 and everyone for their feedback, questions and general comments. Should you have any further question/concern, feel free to contact our staff directly from our website.

Status
Not open for further replies.