USN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherries

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I was just wondering if anyone got an interview invitation to vegas yet? my friend just got his yesterday..i'm happy for him and i'm also a little bummed out because i haven't hear anything yet. We applied really early...as soon as the apps were up..we turned itin within a week or so ...thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

i got one too. it was an email from Dr. Deyoung.

Yeah I received an email yesterday as well. I responded via email and also called Dr DeYoung to find out that they will not be back until the beginning of January. So our interview dates will most likely not be solidified until they return from winter break.

Members don't see this ad :)
So are they already gone for the break or are they still giving invites?

The phone recording said they are gone for the break. So I doubt that they will be giving any more invites until they get back.

I just got an interview invitation also!!! I'm soo happy!!

Dr Deyoung called me back tonight and told me that they are on winter break and that their computers are being worked on. Confirmation emails will not be sent until the beginning of January.

For those who got an interview invite. Can you share your stats? If you can..thank you in advance. I am nervous because this is the only pharmacy school that I applied to and I'm not sure that I'm competitive enough.:oops:

My stats:
Overall GPA:3.59
Prerequisite GPA:3.70
Classes completed: all except Microbiology, OChem II and Calc I
Degrees: no BA/BS :(

If I don't get in this year...there's always next year! :p

CONGRATS to those who already have invites!!!

anyone heading up 1/26?

mine is on the 22nd of Jan. Anyone on that day?

I will be there on the 26th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be one of the interviewers on the 26th. I'll see you guys then.

Congrats to all of you who have gotten interview at USN.
Can you please post your pre-requisite math/science GPA and cumulative GPA so I can know if I have chance at USN.
Thanks for your info.

so today,

as im roaming around my gmail inbox, my heart stops thumping because i see a message from "Micheal Deyoung".....since no one has received rejections i (foolishly) assume that its an interview invite...so i click on the link...the letter basically says that they are missing transcripts from my undergraduate school (even though i am certain that those transcripts were sent)...

im a little upset about the situation because 1. i have to wait till January 2nd to send the transcripts (registrar is closed fro the holiday). and 2. i received an "complete application" confirmation email on october 4th....but apparently, my application was never completed

geez, just one blow after another.

For those that already received interview invites, when did you submit your application/got the "we received your application" email?

THANKS and CONGRATS!

Hi!

Does anyone know how many applicants are invited to the interview (not each individual interview date but as a whole) and how many out of the entire pool do they accept?

Thanks!

last year, they had about 1600 applications, (they read and review every one). Out of those they interview around 450-500, and then accepted around 220 for both of the schools. They are expecting a similar number of apps this year.

Because of the way the select for interviews, they favor those with higher gpa's

Yeah I heard the same thing, however I believe that they are wanting to increase the number of students at the Utah campus.

I am jealous of everyone who has an interview!!! I just got my B.S. and an A in Calculus (got a C the first time :scared:) :D so I hope these will help me to get an interview!!! :D:D:D

Oh yeah, and my overall GPA went up...!!!!!
Good Luck to everyone!! & I hope to see some of you next fall!!! :love:

Where are y'all staying (hotels) the night before your interview? I'd love to stay at the Bellagio or Wynn but too poor to afford it. :laugh:

I am jealous of everyone who has an interview!!! I just got my B.S. and an A in Calculus (got a C the first time :scared:) :D so I hope these will help me to get an interview!!! :D:D:D

Oh yeah, and my overall GPA went up...!!!!!
Good Luck to everyone!! & I hope to see some of you next fall!!! :love:

I got B from Calculus I and A from Calculus II.. I read somewhere that you can substituted that for Calculus I or at least average both grade on calculus section. I regret I didn't do so on my application. Because it would have made my science GPA went up.:scared:

I got B from Calculus I and A from Calculus II.. I read somewhere that you can substituted that for Calculus I or at least average both grade on calculus section. I regret I didn't do so on my application. Because it would have made my science GPA went up.:scared:

can't you call Laurie and tell her your situation so she can fix that on your application? the GPA you put on your application is verified and modified accordingly if there are mistakes.

best of luck to you.

I sent an email to Dr. DeYoung today and they just got back from the holiday vacation and received over 300 transcripts in one day of mail!!! WOW!!! They are super busy!! :scared: Maybe after they sift through all these they might get a chance to send out more interview invites!!! :love: (hopefully one with my name on it :D)

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting also!!!

can't you call Laurie and tell her your situation so she can fix that on your application? the GPA you put on your application is verified and modified accordingly if there are mistakes.

best of luck to you.

I got e-mail for an interview a minute ago. I don't know I should dispute about GPA discrepancy when I e-mail him back.

Because in addition to the interview, grade is also a determinant.

My GPA is below average. Having BA+BS probably added more points to be selected for the interview but I don't know if it will increase the chance AFTER the interview. This is only the non-PCAT 3 year school I applied. I didn't apply to MCPHS, which I think it's probably easier to get into.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Hope to see you guys there :D...to those who are still waiting to hear...dont lose hope...GOOD LUCK!!

I got an invite as well. SO HAPPY! But I am in Utah so I moved the interview to Feb 23rd so I could interview at the Utah campus. Feels like a long way off but I am already getting ready. :)
Good Luck to everyone!

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here are currently USN students, I would like to see if you could tell me how's life in campus
thanks

Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to this forums! I got invite from Dr. Deyoung too, but when I reply his email about my date, I did not get the confirmation email from him. Did anyone get confirmation email from him, which will confirm my date and include direction to campus and hotel around. I am so worry about that. I also sign up for 26 too, so see u guys there, hopefully!

hope yo see you there, 1/26 seems like a popular day

Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to this forums! I got invite from Dr. Deyoung too, but when I reply his email about my date, I did not get the confirmation email from him. Did anyone get confirmation email from him, which will confirm my date and include direction to campus and hotel around. I am so worry about that. I also sign up for 26 too, so see u guys there, hopefully!

I dunnoe, but hey it's next to vegas. I'm sure you can find somewhere to go lol

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here are currently USN students, I would like to see if you could tell me how's life in campus
thanks

I haven't reply to him regarding my interview date yet. I waiting to see the syllabuses of my spring class. I don't really want to miss classes/exams or travel right after my exam/class.

Will choosing the earlier interview date increase you chance of being accepted? Do they accept applicants on rolling basis after the interview?
Or they wait to see the interview score from all applicants and then make final decision?

HI Everyone! I got an invitation too for the 5th of Feb. Does anybody else have an interview scheduled on that day?? What kind of questions can we expect at the interview??? Is it personal or is it subject based?

I dunnoe, but hey it's next to vegas. I'm sure you can find somewhere to go lol

LOL trust me...you will hardly find time to do basic tasks like grocery shopping and laundry let alone strip hopping! But if you're ambitious lol IM sure anything is possible.

BTW Congrats to all of you interview recipients! I will be there on the 1/26 and hope to see you there! Just relax n be yourself!!

I am doing some research about usn interview though...it looks like there is no essay writing part in usn interview.
Is this correct?

is the interview group interview???
some previous interviewee maked it as group, some did not..confusing....

I am doing some research about usn interview though...it looks like there is no essay writing part in usn interview.
Is this correct?

is the interview group interview???
some previous interviewee maked it as group, some did not..confusing....

no writing sample.

Just a professor and 1 or 2 P1 students.

I would also love to hear some stats from those of you who have received interviews, please! I applied very early, but am still waiting to hear as well.

Also, does anyone know if you get points for having a Bachelors if you are not going to get it until the end of this semester?

Anyone get interviews after Feb 5th?

Is anybody else interviewing on the 22nd of January? It seems like I am the only one on this board

Here are my stats for those interested
Overall GPA: 3.47
Pre-req GPA: 3.78
Degree:BS engineering
Exp: 1/2 year Pharm experience

My stats are:

overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
No BS
4 years pharmacy experience
Application turned in Nov, 1st

Does anyone have similar stats, that has an interview so far???:scared:

me too. I am going on the 26th too

My Stats:
Overall GPA 3.92
Science GPA 3.63
Dual BA's

Haven't heard anything beyond
initial receipt. Pretty frustrating.
Wondering if my age is working
against me!

Submitted mid-November

Was interviewed yesterday. Environment and tour guids are very friendly and helpful. Well organized. Perfect school for 3 years program.

Interview panel consists of a professor and 2 students. questions are varied. Different panel asks different question.

This year more than 1600 applicants. 500 will be invited for interview.

Look luck to all of you out there.

I just moved to Henderson, bout 5 mins away from the USN. I haven't gotten an interview invitation, yet.

I was wondering if there is anyway to make my name known to them without annoying them. I want to visit the school again, but I have already visited twice. Would visiting Laurie again be a good idea? ... or would this just bug them...I know that they are really busy.

*sigh* any suggestions? I don't want to just sit and wait when I know that they are right there...