USU Electives and hooah stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KilgoreSnout

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to apply to med schools and know I want to do mil medicine. I know the cons, the payback time etc. I'm prior service + have been to some USU open houses and know what I'll be getting myself into.

My question is about the less important stuff: what kind of hooah stuff is available at USU? The admin folks just kind of mention "endless opportunities" and I don't necessarily want to give the wrong impression by asking them about specifics that are removed from the meat and potatoes of med school.

-I have been told of some OCONUS elective rotations and training with PJ's/other rescue units. How many of these non-hospital electives can a student expect to do? I understand some elective rotations should be spent going to audition rotations at prospective residencies?

-How available are the air assault/pathfinder etc courses? What determines if a student gets to go to one or more of these?

-Any opportunities to attend hyperbaric medicine short courses from NOAA corps or the Navy?

Members don't see this ad.