UT Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I was one of the current students at the zoom session on Thursday. It was basically an information session about the curriculum, college, finances, and Knoxville. Most of what was covered can be found on the website as far as academic schedule and cost of attendance things go. Current students also answered questions that applicants had about vet school in general and specific things about UT. I think the academic services team can send you some of the information from the meeting if you reach out to them via email. Hope everyone's interview went well!
was the zoom only sent out to those accepted and not waitlisted too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted but did not receive any info about a zoom session. I didn’t even know there was one until I read about it on here. 😂
The zoom was for out of state applicants that were invited to interview I’m pretty sure because I was invited to the zoom info session directly after receiving my interview invite.

Reactions: 1 users
The zoom was for out of state applicants that were invited to interview I’m pretty sure because I was invited to the zoom info session directly after receiving my interview invite.
Hmm. Interesting. I wonder why it was just offered for that group of applicants.

Was there not a pre-interview zoom session for in state applicants?
Not sure. I was an out-of-state applicant who received an early offer. I was given contact info if I had questions about the program, but that was it. I'll be attending the open house/admitted student day, so I'm not that concerned. I just enjoy hearing from current students about the program.

Not sure. I was an out-of-state applicant who received an early offer. I was given contact info if I had questions about the program, but that was it.
Oh that is probably why you didn't get it then, it was just a pre-interview zoom session so I'm sure you just weren't on that particular email list. I bet they recorded it or would be willing to send you the info that was included!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh that is probably why you didn't get it then, it was just a pre-interview zoom session so I'm sure you just weren't on that particular email list. I bet they recorded it or would be willing to send you the info that was included!
Ah, I see! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance! But I already put my deposit down at another school and will be declining my seat. Hope one of you get it! Knoxville is so beautiful!

• Care
Does anyone know anything about waitlist trends (how much it typically moves) from the past? Also will they tell us our place on the waitlist if we ask or is it unranked?

I will be at the open house event on Mar. 17! I’d love to meet some of you guys! Anything else recommended to do or see in Knoxville? I have family that lives in the city, so I’ll be there for a few days.

Does anyone know anything about waitlist trends (how much it typically moves) from the past? Also will they tell us our place on the waitlist if we ask or is it unranked?
Movement is variable. Historically it is unranked, because when someone gives up their spot they try to fill it with an applicant who fills a similar niche if that makes sense.

I will be at the open house event on Mar. 17! I’d love to meet some of you guys! Anything else recommended to do or see in Knoxville? I have family that lives in the city, so I’ll be there for a few days.
Outdoors stuff - the zoo, Ijams, many hiking spots nearby and A LOT of smaller parks too
Indoors stuff - Maple Hall is cool you like bowling, there's an axe throwing place I can't remember the name of right now
There's a stupid amount of good food and breweries here, some of my favorites are Stock & Barrel, Archer's BBQ, The French Market, Yassin's, Schulz Brau, Bearden Beer Market, High Wire
Also just visit downtown/Market Square and wander around. Cruze Farms is a must for the very best ice cream :)

Do we get anything in the mail? Just curious on what the next steps are for those accepted!

Hi, I’m alittle late to the party lol but I am planning to OOS accept. I was sent an early acceptance months ago but I have been waiting to hear back from my IS school (ohio state) before making my decision and I think I am going to go to UT. Really excited to meet some of you the 17th!

I’m also coming on the 17th and plan to accept my seat! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hello! Congrats on all the OOS accepted! I just looked through my email and I don't see anything for days in march, is that for out of state students only?

Hello! Congrats on all the OOS accepted! I just looked through my email and I don't see anything for days in march, is that for out of state students only?
They said it was their admitted students day so they should send something. If not, I would email them and ask!!

For some reason I decided to log into this account and now I have to say: I'm a UT Class of 2017 grad and the fact that the next class that enrolls is going to graduate 10 years after me has officially ruined my day.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just emailed to ask, I plan on going! I just need details haha.
I was told that an email would be sent out later this month with a registration link for the event and more information!

I just got the email invite for the tour/info session on the 17th. I can’t find where it says anything about if we can bring guest (which I am assuming is a yes) and how formal it is.

I just got the email invite for the tour/info session on the 17th. I can’t find where it says anything about if we can bring guest (which I am assuming is a yes) and how formal it is.
You are allowed bring guests! Click on the link in the flyer to register. In the registration, they ask how many guests you will be bringing. Also, seems pretty informal. Tours and meeting with faculty, other prospective students, etc.

You are allowed bring guests! Click on the link in the flyer to register. In the registration, they ask how many guests you will be bringing. Also, seems pretty informal. Tours and meeting with faculty, other prospective students, etc.
Yeah she said it was smart casual. So like jeans, nothing with holes in it and no athletic wear.

Hey! Im OOS and am trying to plan going March 17th as well!

Hey! I'm an OOS acceptance and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get in contact with other acceptees to find potential roommates?

Has anyone called or heard anything about the waitlist? Like how big is it/ how many people typically get pulled from it/ ranked or not? I was accepted OOS to another program but UT is my in state so I’m just wondering my chance of being pulled

Hey! I'm an OOS acceptance and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get in contact with other acceptees to find potential roommates?
Kinda wondering the same thing. I am OOS and I was gonna try to meet someone at the March 17th tour. I feel it would be better to actually meet a potential roomate rather than someone online lol

I did just meet a second year a few weeks ago from UTCVM and she said that they usually create a Facebook page for class of 2027 and you can find roommates on that.

I did just meet a second year a few weeks ago from UTCVM and she said that they usually create a Facebook page for class of 2027 and you can find roommates on that.
I figured they would since that's what my undergrad school did I'm just hoping that it's created soon enough to plan😂 I'll also be at the student day on the 17th

I figured they would since that's what my undergrad school did I'm just hoping that it's created soon enough to plan😂 I'll also be at the student day on the 17th
Yeah I’m trying to find a roomate and place to live before like may or June. I want to move down there at the beginning of summer so I can get used to Knoxville before the semester starts lol

Also looking to find a roommate and i'll be at the student day on the 17th. I was planning on moving to Knoxville end of July/ early August. Is someone from this thread going to start the facebook group?

Also looking to find a roommate and i'll be at the student day on the 17th. I was planning on moving to Knoxville end of July/ early August. Is someone from this thread going to start the facebook group?
The Facebook group is typically started by the officers of the current first year class after the acceptance deadline. Not sure if that has changed more recently.

I will be turning down my out of state seat for my in-state school. Good luck y’all!

I’m turning down my OOS seat for my IS, goodluck to everyone!

I just turned down my OOS seat for my IS as well! Hope someone on the waitlist gets some good news soon!

I just accepted my OOS seat! Super excited to be classmates with some of you!

Hello! I just scanned through the emails and Ive not seen an update on when the facebook group would be started. I'm getting nervous about finding housing for the fall and would ideally like to find roommates from that group. Anyone have any updates on when it might be created?

Hello! I just scanned through the emails and Ive not seen an update on when the facebook group would be started. I'm getting nervous about finding housing for the fall and would ideally like to find roommates from that group. Anyone have any updates on when it might be created?
The Facebook group is already up! I don’t think it was included in the emails, they just added those they could find accounts for. You could probably search for it and request to join!