UT Houston Public Health-- Response/Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just to clarify - out of those who were admitted, how many saw their myUTH status actually change to the check mark?

This really is all over the place. My myUTH access came in February but I still haven't received an admissions e-mail, while the individual above was admitted in February and received his/her myUTH access last week. What the heck.

Members don't see this ad.

myUTH changed to a checkmark today...still awaiting e-mail/letter notification.

So just to clarify - out of those who were admitted, how many saw their myUTH status actually change to the check mark?

This really is all over the place. My myUTH access came in February but I still haven't received an admissions e-mail, while the individual above was admitted in February and received his/her myUTH access last week. What the heck.
Mine changed to a check mark briefly at the beginning of March. I then clicked on the link next to it to "accept my admission". After accepting it, the green check mark turned back to a green dot (like it was before). About two days after accepting admission, I recieved a general email letting me know i was accepted from the department of admissions. I have not gotten a thing since--email or regular mail. Of those that have been accepted, have you gotten ANYTHING in the mail from UTH?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine changed to a check mark briefly at the beginning of March. I then clicked on the link next to it to "accept my admission". After accepting it, the green check mark turned back to a green dot (like it was before). About two days after accepting admission, I recieved a general email letting me know i was accepted from the department of admissions. I have not gotten a thing since--email or regular mail. Of those that have been accepted, have you gotten ANYTHING in the mail from UTH?

So you did not get an e-mail from admissions until after you pressed the "accept admission" button? I've been waiting for a e-mail first, and perhaps one from the department, regarding admission before considering pushing the button and saving my seat...

So you did not get an e-mail from admissions until after you pressed the "accept admission" button? I've been waiting for a e-mail first, and perhaps one from the department, regarding admission before considering pushing the button and saving my seat...
Correct--although I'm not sure the email was prompted by clicking the link. Given the nature of the email, I think it was just delayed and a couple of days behind the myUTH status change.

I received two of the exact same, very general e-mails congratulating me and offering me admission to UT. The e-mail said

"Your official admissions letter will be sent via postal mail the next few weeks. In conjunction with your Admission Letter, you will receive a series of email communication which will provide information on essential steps for you to complete in order to enroll in the Fall term."

However the first of these e-mails was sent March 30th and I still haven't received any postal mail or any more detailed e-mails. Yesterday I clicked the "accept" button on myUTH because I was sick of waiting. My green check mark turned into a green circle but so far that's all.

I received two of the exact same, very general e-mails congratulating me and offering me admission to UT. The e-mail said

"Your official admissions letter will be sent via postal mail the next few weeks. In conjunction with your Admission Letter, you will receive a series of email communication which will provide information on essential steps for you to complete in order to enroll in the Fall term."

However the first of these e-mails was sent March 30th and I still haven't received any postal mail or any more detailed e-mails. Yesterday I clicked the "accept" button on myUTH because I was sick of waiting. My green check mark turned into a green circle but so far that's all.
QueCee - Those two identical emails are exactly what I recevied (I said I only got "one" email because they were the same). I received those the first week of March - and haven't gotten any other admissions emails or anything in the mail.

Same here, I recently received that email from Admissions other than that haven't received anything from the Department or postal mail.

Just checked my mail today.

Got the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL (for-real) admissions letter by postal snail mail. Wheeee!!! =D

I haven't checked my regular mail yet today, but I did receive an email with a PDF attachment of the official admissions letter with advisor information. FINALLY.

Hopefully I'll see some of yall next semester!

I took Social and Behavioral Aspects of Community Health so far with Dr. McCalister and I loved it.

Was gonna take a few more this summer but will instead take some postbac classes for my uGPA.

See yall in the fall!

Just in case y'all are interested, UTSPH compiled surveys into PDF files from their students and alumni based on several different factors (course selection, faculty availability, research, library, etc.):

https://sph.uth.tmc.edu/content/uploads/2010/05/Student-Exit-Survey-2010.pdf

https://sph.uth.tmc.edu/content/uploads/2011/12/SPH-Alumni-Survey-2010-REPORT.pdf

LOTS of complaints about the website and graduation procedures but everything else seems to be excellent. Seems like the Student Affairs office hasn't gotten the memo over their bureaucratic red tape. And I still can't believe they haven't changed the website - not the SPH website - but everything at UT Houston. Everything looks so dated and information really isn't all that accessible.

But we get two more years of this. YAY!

hello everyone! be sure to check out the Student Association website at www.utsphsa.com for some useful links as well! They are located under the "Student Resources" tab.

Finally got the hard copy of the admissions letter (w/ advisor info) in the US Mail yesterday.

Just got an email for Financial Aid Award. =)

Hard copy of admissions letter came in on Thursday.