UT Houston vs UT Galveston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triquetras

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend just got offered an interview at UT Houston on the same day as his interview at UT Galveston. Does anyone know any pros/cons of accepting Houston over Galveston? We heard that Galveston was on probation...is that true?

any help is appreciated....

Members don't see this ad.

triquetras said:
My friend just got offered an interview at UT Houston on the same day as his interview at UT Galveston. Does anyone know any pros/cons of accepting Houston over Galveston? We heard that Galveston was on probation...is that true?

any help is appreciated....

Yep, Galveston is on probation!

UT-Houston is a much better program! New Eye center being built, 3 new faculty members coming soon, in the Texas Medical Center. No comparison.

Go to scutwork.com

Members don't see this ad :)
ophtho1122 said:
UT-Houston is a much better program! New Eye center being built, 3 new faculty members coming soon, in the Texas Medical Center. No comparison.

Go to scutwork.com

THANK YOU!!! I just told my friend and he scheduled his interview for UT Houston.

The conventional wisdom is that UT Houston is better. I used to agree. I now believe, after meeting some of the faculty of both institutions and hearing sordid details, that UTMB in Galveston is better. This is not to say that UTMB is a perfect program.

Having said this, if a program is lousy, there will be posts which insists that the program is the best.