Utah (OOS) vs. Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md52

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was blessed to get accepted to both Loma Linda and the University of Utah for dental school. I am having a tough time deciding which school would be best for me. They are both around 10 hours away from home and tuition seems to be comparable as an out of state resident. Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I was blessed to get accepted to both Loma Linda and the University of Utah for dental school. I am having a tough time deciding which school would be best for me. They are both around 10 hours away from home and tuition seems to be comparable as an out of state resident. Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks in advance!
Since no one answered, I'll give my thoughts on LLU (but I know nothing about Utah) - it's a great school! From what I understand, it prepares you well since there aren't any resident clinics, which means a lot of the more difficult cases will be performed by the students. Location wise it's kinda in the middle of nowhere but hey it's California, and there are tonnnnnnns of things to do here :) Other things to consider are that it is somewhat heavy on religion, with mandatory religion classes and chapel (if I remember correctly), and you have to abide by their lifestyle which means no meat, no alcohol, no caffeine, etc.

It depends on where you want to practice, but graduates from LLU are very highly regarded in SoCal :)