UWSA 1..how much does it OVERESTIMATE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoWayOut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...
I wanna give UWSA 1 a try in a week or so to figure out where I stand for now and was wondering by how much does the UWSA 1 and 2 OVERESTIMATE? From your scores on UWSA and the actual score, can you give me an approxiamtion? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

bumping this to get any more thoughts on how accurate the UWSA 1 is...

I took it yesterday and got a 250 (this is NOT to brag) and I was sitting there, staring at it, thinking that there is no way on earth that is accurate. It's got to be super inflated.

for reference, took nbme 7 two weeks ago and got a 214 (I made a few stupid/not paying attention mistakes, I really should have gotten more like a 220). there is no way I made that much of a jump in a few weeks, right?
If you're taking it after you've had extensive experience with UW questions, I think it may inflate. This is by no means scientific, but I have observed what at least appears to be a trend where people who have become intimately familiar with UW questions and question style tend to have inflated values.

I hope you do get a 250, but in the meantime, assume the NBME's are more accurate and don't get your hopes up (does more harm than good, not trying to be mean). Having said that, two weeks is a long time. I jumped probably ~40pts in 2.5-3 weeks.