VA HPSP Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CookieMonsta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current medical student and I applied for the VA HPSP program for the 2024-25 academic year. I was wondering if anyone knew when the latest we would be notified by regarding our status for the program? The application deadline was the end of March, and they state we should be hearing back within a month. I still haven't heard back yet, so was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

Members don't see this ad.

I assume you've already emailed [email protected] ? Do not feel that you're annoying anyone. You have to stay on top of these things pretty aggressively in big bureaucracies. Just stay polite. This is a new program and it's not surprising that it's disorganized. It's also an EXCELLENT introduction to the VA! Welcome!!

Reactions: 1 user
I assume you've already emailed [email protected] ? Do not feel that you're annoying anyone. You have to stay on top of these things pretty aggressively in big bureaucracies. Just stay polite. This is a new program and it's not surprising that it's disorganized. It's also an EXCELLENT introduction to the VA! Welcome!!
Thanks for the response! I emailed them once a few weeks ago, but told me that they don't have a timeframe they go by. But on the website it says they do. So just a bit confused about the process.

Ah, yep! There's the VA! But they at least they admitted they existed and answered your email! So I would consider that all a win. Unfortunately given its newness, I don't think you're likely to hear from an actual person who did the VA HPSP here or elsewhere on SDN. This might just be something you have to be at peace with for the moment.

Reactions: 1 user