Vanderbilt screening all done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jae9970

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my last email said my file was being reviewed to decide whether i'd be able to complete the secondary or not, and since then, i havent heard anything. I have been complete since early July... what gives?

Members don't see this ad.

they seem to be really taking their time. I don't think they're really in a rush to interview everybody like some other schools are.

hmmm....

wish i knew how it would be advantageous / disadvantageous for people

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know. I got my invite from them for a secondary 8/6 and I was complete in mid June. They might just be flooded with backlog from July applicants? Haha, they claim that each primary application is scrutinized by 3 people etc, I don't know if I really buy that though...seeing how they invited me for a secondary despite my lacking required courses. I'm still applying and interviewing, but I just thought that was weird. I'm going to be quite irked if I fly out to interview, and then get disqualified as an applicant because of my school's covered grades policy..oy.

for those still waiting on Vanderbilt, it may be worth emailing the admissions office.
I was complete for awhile and didnt hear anything
emailed them
found out they mailed a letter to my house 3 weeks ago that I never got
perhaps some others are in the same boat.

hell ya, u better call them to see if ur letter is lost in mail or anything

i was in toronto for several weeks, and it turned out they mailed to my home in nyc
they should just email,

Vandy sends secondary/interview invites via snail mail?

Also, what is the email address for the admissions office? The only one I see on their website is for the Director of Admissions, Dr. Sagen ([email protected])

no they send rejections by those means

no they send rejections by those means

Actually, unless I misunderstood you, that's not true. I got my Vandy interview invite (and secondary) in the mail.

I was complete in late July as well. I got the invite late August.

oh shoot.. what email should i use to ask for my status?

im living away from my permannet address so i cant check my mails that often

You should call, if you e-mail it'll be 50/50 if they ever reply back.

I dunno about being backlogged and/or slow to respond to primaries. I submitted AMCAS late June and was not verified until August 10th. Vanderbilt's secondary invite was postmarked 8/29 and arrived via snail mail.

As others have said, if it will help you sleep easier, give them a call and see if anything has been mailed.