Vanderbilt v. University of South Carolina

hanuman123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's getting close to that May 1 decision deadline. I'm a high school senior whose definitely set on premed and becoming a physician and I've got my options narrowed down to Vandy and USC (the fake one in South Carolina not California hahahahah). Anyways so Vandy I'm a Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar so full-tuition and money isn't really a problem. At USC I'm on a full ride so financial stuff I'm set on. I'm on the Stamps Scholarship at USC which will be very good for leadership and making connections with people in the biochemistry field and just acting as a leader in my community which is important to Med school admissions, but Vandy is Vandy. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry wait up. Ya boi meant high school senior
Ya boiiiiiii. Anyway, both options seem good and yeah, Vandy is Vandy. On the other hand the opportunities and leadership positions at USC seem important as well, but if you think you can find those things at Vanderbilt, go for that. Connections should be pretty good at Vandy as well considering...... it's VANDY!

The only reason I would say going to a state school over Vandy would be financial restrictions. But that's not an issue in your case so I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat

Reactions: 1 user