Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erectorspinae

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was interested in the program and wondering now that Dr Hallahan is at WashU does anyone know if Vandy is sticking with their prior MD/PhD inclination? Similarly, I'm guessing WashU is adopting that philosophy? Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They took an MD from Nebraska who rotated there last year. It seems like they will be open to the best candidates possible, but the current residents are still largely M.D./Ph.D. grads.

Hopefully VandyRadOnc12 can help address this, too?

Vanderbilt is a fine program. If I were to do my life again, I'd not hesitate to apply to Vanderbilt.

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your interest in Vanderbilt's Radiation Oncology residency training program. We are very proud of our department and we look forward to reviewing applications for the 2010-2011 admissions cycle. Dr. Arnold Malcolm is our department chairman and Dr. Bapsi Chakravarthy is our program director.

As chief resident I thought I would weigh in on this topic. This year we encourage qualified applicants who are pursuing either an MD or an MD/PhD degree. Like all competitive training programs we look at variety of criteria for admissions including grades, step exam scores, letters of recommendation, and research productivity.

If you have any additional questions feel free to send me a PM or we can discuss them on this thread.

Good luck with application process!

Last edited: