VCOM-Carolinas Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auck88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to go ahead and start a thread for the class of 2017. Congrats to all!!!! Here's to the next 4 years! :):)

Members don't see this ad.

Great idea!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. What an accomplishment! I'm really excited to meet you guys, I know it's going to be an amazing four years.

:)

Woot! CONGRATS to us! :D

I got my acceptance about a week ago... but I think it's just now hitting me! (I blame the turkey-induced coma haha)
I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but the more I think/read about VCOM, the more I come to like VCOM!
I think I'm falling in love!

:love:

VCOM Class of 2017!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in my deposit a few days ago. Not 100% committed just yet, but it's gotta take something big to take away that $1500 from me :)

Did this thread disappear? Couldn't find it if I didn't search for it. Anyone figure out their housing situation?

Did this thread disappear? Couldn't find it if I didn't search for it. Anyone figure out their housing situation?

Probably because everyone is on the Facebook group! :) (PM me for the link if you haven't joined!)

Who's all going to the Accepted Students Day? I'm driving there (~8.5hrs w/o stopping) on Friday and going to the dinner that the med students have arranged. Then also to the other dinner after the ASD. I'm so excited! :D

Also, I've been considering living in off-campus housing for students, like College Pointe Apartments or Campus Evolution Villages, which is SUPER cheap with all-inclusive rent but you have to live with random students (most likely not VCOM). I'm just thinking money-wise right now it would be perfect, but for some reason I'm a bit hesitant... non-med students worries me :scared: What do you guys think?

I am on the facebook group, and I'll be at Accepted Students Day!

My advice... I wouldn't put yourself in that living situation. If they are loud, throw parties, weird, you're putting yourself in a situation that could affect your performance in school. It's worth it to pay a little extra and feel comfortable and able to study where/when you want.

Probably because everyone is on the Facebook group! :) (PM me for the link if you haven't joined!)

Who's all going to the Accepted Students Day? I'm driving there (~8.5hrs w/o stopping) on Friday and going to the dinner that the med students have arranged. Then also to the other dinner after the ASD. I'm so excited! :D

Also, I've been considering living in off-campus housing for students, like College Pointe Apartments or Campus Evolution Villages, which is SUPER cheap with all-inclusive rent but you have to live with random students (most likely not VCOM). I'm just thinking money-wise right now it would be perfect, but for some reason I'm a bit hesitant... non-med students worries me :scared: What do you guys think?

I'll be at Accepted Students Day! As well as the dinner Friday night! And most likely the dinner Saturday too... haha.

I would highly discourage living with undergraduates... If you've ever lived in undergrad off-campus apartments... you'll know what I mean. And the prices aren't that bad if you get a 2br or 3br apartment, about the same price as the off-campus apts.