VCOM post bac or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curtis6556

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Psychology Major
Biology Minor

cGPA: 3.31
sGPA: 3.21
mGPA:3.84

I will be a junior in the fall and will start working on some pre req's soon, but with these scores where shoul I try to seek the most imporvement. I havn't taken the MCAT and probably won't until I feel safe about my biomedical background

I also am CNA-I certified with 100 paid work time and currently taking EMT-B courses and plan to work with that until I actually apply to medical school.

Should I consider VCOM's post-bac program too?

Any advice would be awesome, and yes I have been a forum lurker for a while so I've generally read tons on these concepts.

Members don't see this ad.

What's mGPA? Masters? Non-science? Your numbers right now are not competetive for MD programs, but fine for any DO school. Just score in the high 20s on MCAT and you're fine.

Psychology Major
Biology Minor

cGPA: 3.31
sGPA: 3.21
mGPA:3.84

I will be a junior in the fall and will start working on some pre req's soon, but with these scores where shoul I try to seek the most imporvement. I havn't taken the MCAT and probably won't until I feel safe about my biomedical background

I also am CNA-I certified with 100 paid work time and currently taking EMT-B courses and plan to work with that until I actually apply to medical school.

Should I consider VCOM's post-bac program too?

Any advice would be awesome, and yes I have been a forum lurker for a while so I've generally read tons on these concepts.

Major actually, I know that term isn't used much on this forum but I brought it over from my transcript. And honestly I am not that much intrested in MD schools because my focus has always been on DO style of medicine (which these days are not that far between). Thanks for the advice though, and I hope those GPA's either stay where they are or go up!

What's mGPA? Masters? Non-science? Your numbers right now are not competetive for MD programs, but fine for any DO school. Just score in the high 20s on MCAT and you're fine.