Verbal Reasoning order of difficulty...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetstuff25

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i was just reading on aamc's website that verbal is ordered according to difficulty??
"Sets of questions in the Verbal Reasoning section are presented in order from easiest to hardest. This order is based on the average difficulty of the questions in each set. However, a given set of questions contains both easier and more difficult sections." http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/studentmanual/verbalreasoning/verbalreasoning.pdf

I dunno what that means...is it easy to hard from passage 1 to 9 or easy to hard questions in the passages? I did a few aamc and the the difficulty is all random. what the hell is going on?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm, never thought of it before. But I'm not going to think about that now--it'll just psych me out.

I have noticed that the later passages are more difficult, but it really shouldn't matter, given that to get even a satisfactory score you need to answer all the questions anyway.

I remember from personal experience, both taking the test and teaching it, that the order of difficulty of the questions increases within each passage set. so, the first question about a passage may be simple, the next a little harder, and so on.

there is no ordering of passages from easiest to hardest - that is why it is best to skip around and do the passages you find easiest early on. remember, easy questions are worth the same as hard questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
what if you get a passage like 3r's confewshz's discussion on "li"? would you keep reading and trying to understand it? or just randomly guess on the 10 questions and move on...cuz i seriously feel hopeless on those passages b/c i can't understand the main idea in my first read...it kills so much time!!! or what should i do to understand those types of passages? someone plz help becuz i'm desperate in passing verbal! i'll be happy to just dream of an 8. :(