Verbal Reasoning practice reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globy321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. IS there any reading material to practice that has the same level of difficulty as the the verbal reasoning of the mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. IS there any reading material to practice that has the same level of difficulty as the the verbal reasoning of the mcat?

Nope. The MCAT VR is THE MOST difficulty reading ever. That being said, if you read some old Shakespeare that has been translated into German and then back to English, but backwards, you might get a general feel for the MCAT VR's difficulty.

J/K.... Generally reading to improve VR is low-yield in the short term (the highest yield if you had years and years to prep -- in other words, to change your lifestyle -- but seeing as you probably have just a few mos...). Depending upon where you are in review and how close your MCAT is, there will be some variation in your optimal methods for VR prep.

Last edited:
Nope. The MCAT VR is THE MOST difficulty reading ever. That being said, if you read some old Shakespeare that has been translated into German and then back to English, but backwards, you might get a general feel for the MCAT VR's difficulty.
I think reading some Chinese books would help more than Shakespeare. Thanks for your idiotic answer a**hole.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think reading some Chinese books would help more than Shakespeare. Thanks for your idiotic answer a**hole.

If only your extremely well-thought out question had been raised before. If only someone else before you had had the temerity and foresight to try to find something to read that would prepare them for the MCAT verbal section!

Hint: One syllable, rhymes with "smurch." Or you could just scroll through the first three pages of posts in the MCAT forum and find 10+ posts asking the same, "idiotic" question.

Hey globy :hello:

You ask a great question!

I've linked a few GREAT reading sources in a previous post of mine:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=785764

It's not an exhaustive list BTW. And you might even try reading some of the articles online just like you would the VR passages.

Enjoy :D

Try reading articles from the Economist. Both me and my friend have somehow improved VR from this alone (along with a lot of practice)