verbal reasoning practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I moved to the US a few years ago, so English is my second language. I literally have nightmares about the VR section of the MCAT, and would like to take some sort of practice VR-only test to see where I stand. Are there free/cheap VR-only practice tests online? Should I just buy an MCAT review book and start studying now? If so, which book? :scared:
I want to take the test April-June 2010...

Appreciate all responses,
E.D.

Members don't see this ad.

I moved to the US a few years ago, so English is my second language. I literally have nightmares about the VR section of the MCAT, and would like to take some sort of practice VR-only test to see where I stand. Are there free/cheap VR-only practice tests online? Should I just buy an MCAT review book and start studying now? If so, which book? :scared:
I want to take the test April-June 2010...

Appreciate all responses,
E.D.

Yes, it doesn't hurt. The Examkracker's 101 Verbal Passages helped a lot for me.

Also, since you have ample time now, begin to consistently read literature such as The Economist, The Wallstreet Journal, philosophy books, etc. As you are reading, pay attention to structure, the main purpose of the article, what the author is implying, etc. Hope that helps.