verbal suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topdogg82

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are some verbal threads already, but I wanted advice that was a little more specific. I've been getting 11s and 12s on my practice tests, and want to get it a couple points higher. However, people seem to think (and it makes sense), that its just luck if you get a couple points higher since its really only a couple questions, so really a 13 isnt much different from a 15, or a 11 from a 13. However, are there any tips to get those last few questions right to get to that 13-15 range? On the questions I've been getting wrong, I seem to be narrowing the choices down to two and picking the wrong one, which is extremely frustrating, since with the time factor, you dont have the ability to really analyze which one is a better fit since they're so freakin close. Also, the EK 101 passages seem much easier in terms of the material compared to kaplan, as I have time to actually read through the EK passages while for kaplan some of the passages seem really detailed and hard to get through in time. However my scores have been the same for both, which I guess is kinda odd. So basically any help to get from the 11 range to 13-15 from anyone? just practice more, read more...? its annoying as hell to be getting the exact same score w/o improvement despite more practice.

Members don't see this ad.

lol i knew when i posted i risked sounding like the typical psychotic premed. im just shooting for a 36+, so i just dont want to crap out on verbal on test day. guess more practice it is.

Do an advanced search with the following fields:
username:lukewhite
keywords:verbal
Forum:MCAT discussions

read those posts. probably about 5 of them. he made a very important point on inferences and a couple of others that may help you.

topdogg82 said:
I know there are some verbal threads already, but I wanted advice that was a little more specific. I've been getting 11s and 12s on my practice tests, and want to get it a couple points higher.