Very Lost and in need of assistance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack-Kennedy35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

So I am currently in my senior year of college and am scheduled to take the MCAT in April 1st week (2019). I am using TBR books and also have the Kaplan books and AAMC material to supplement( Q packs, section banks, exams). I started studying last week and so far, I am 90% done with General Chemistry. Is there any way I can ensure that I won't forget the material that i am studying? For example, on a weekly basis should I do 1-2 passages from every topic I studied the previous week? Maybe look at all of my notes for that week on every Sunday?

-Also, if you don't mind can anyone give me a run down of sample deadlines that I should set for myself in these upcoming months?

For ex. Aim to finish content review by February

Take 1st, practice exam on so and so date

Start Q packs, section banks, or Uworld by this time....e.t.c

Do I have enough time to study and do well? Im taking an extremely light load of classes next quarter, 2 very easy ge classes and 1 easy lab class, so I am willing to dedicate up to 8 hours each day for MCAT!

Thanks everyone, this is getting very stressful because I want to apply in June and so I want to ensure that everything in my preparation goes right.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello All,

So I am currently in my senior year of college and am scheduled to take the MCAT in April 1st week (2019). I am using TBR books and also have the Kaplan books and AAMC material to supplement( Q packs, section banks, exams). I started studying last week and so far, I am 90% done with General Chemistry. Is there any way I can ensure that I won't forget the material that i am studying? For example, on a weekly basis should I do 1-2 passages from every topic I studied the previous week? Maybe look at all of my notes for that week on every Sunday?

-Also, if you don't mind can anyone give me a run down of sample deadlines that I should set for myself in these upcoming months?

For ex. Aim to finish content review by February

Take 1st, practice exam on so and so date

Start Q packs, section banks, or Uworld by this time....e.t.c

Do I have enough time to study and do well? Im taking an extremely light load of classes next quarter, 2 very easy ge classes and 1 easy lab class, so I am willing to dedicate up to 8 hours each day for MCAT!

Thanks everyone, this is getting very stressful because I want to apply in June and so I want to ensure that everything in my preparation goes right.
Hello,

Check my previous MCAT discussions for what I did. It requires about 3 months. First being pure review/learning, then the last two having a 3 day cycle of: test, review test, study a tad (maybe what you missed a little bit more, etc.) while having this be an "off" day. Rinse and repeat for two months.