Vet school drop out rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a doctor's note! It was actually second term senior year and this stopped me from graduating; I found out a week before walking.
I'm still plenty salty about it but it's in the past and bad things happen I guess. I don't want to hijack the thread :smuggrin:
That is honestly absurd. I can't believe that your school allowed that! I'm sorry for you :(

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like that is not allowed??? Like some profs may require a letter from the doctor or something but that could be easily obtained from health services at my school if someone was sick.
Some professors can just be ridiculous I guess...

When I was in undergrad, I had my gallbladder removed, and told my professors in advance so I could take any quizzes, etc. One of them refused to let me take a quiz that was supposed to be the day after surgery and said (condescendingly), "That's what your dropped quiz is for I won't allow you to make it up."

So who went waddling in, hunched over, in intense pain, the day after surgery, to take a stupid quiz? (And yes, if I didn't take it and used my drop on it instead of on another quiz, my grade would have been lowered).

Blah, still one of the worst experiences of undergrad by far.

Last edited:
Some professors can just be ridiculous I guess...

When I was in undergrad, I had my gallbladder removed, and told my professors in advance so I could take any quizzes, etc. One of them refused to let me take a quiz that was supposed to be the day after surgery and said (condescendingly), "That's what your dropped quiz is for I won't allow you to make it up."

So who went waddling in, hunched over, in intense pain, the day after surgery, to take a stupid quiz? (And yes, if I didn't take it and used my drop on it instead of on another quiz, my grade would have been lowered).

Blah, still one of the worst experiences of undergrad by far.
Ugh, did you go to a large university? I always feel like my profs are so understanding at my SLAC so I am wondering if that could be the difference. We also call profs by their first names. It will be a transition to need to say "Dr. X" when I go to vet school. I'm afraid that at my interviews I will call my professor who I did research with her first name and they will see that as unprofessional or something.

Ugh, did you go to a large university? I always feel like my profs are so understanding at my SLAC so I am wondering if that could be the difference. We also call profs by their first names. It will be a transition to need to say "Dr. X" when I go to vet school. I'm afraid that at my interviews I will call my professor who I did research with her first name and they will see that as unprofessional or something.
Yes I went to a large university, though this particular class was pretty small (30-40 people?). Though all my other professors even in the big gigantic classes (500+) were understanding, so it might just have been that particular prof.