Vet tech assistant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cannaday03

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helloooo,

So I have an interview for a position as a vet tech assistant. I'm not really sure what the exact role of the vet tech assistant is though. I'm sure animal restraint is part of it. From the title im sure its assisting the techs. But what else specifically?

Please help.

Thank youuu.

Members don't see this ad.

It will depend on the clinic - probably restraint, any dog (patient) walking, and cleaning/laundry at least, but in some clinics you might also be helping to set up lab tests, help prepare patients for surgery, or help in reception.

The clinic would definitely be the best source to find that out, it varies a lot and depends on what other staff they have. For instance, if they have kennel workers I would expect you to be doing less laundry and cleaning in that area. But in general I think you could expect to do things like cleaning and maintaining equipment, feeding, exercising and grooming patients, preparing and sanitizing surgery suites and exam rooms, restraining and handling patients, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, cool. Thanks guys! I'll definitely have to ask the clinic then.