Vets from India preparing for NAVLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itstimenow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to put this thread in order to make a group of Vets who are preparing for getting licence to practice in USA. It would be great place to contact fellow Vets preparing for either BCSE/NAVLE/CPE and share ideas in this regard. Feel free to put comments regarding the ways one could approach to prepare for best. Those who have cleared either of these steps please share your ideas with us. Also those who are already in field can suggest some potential career paths after getting licence.

Thank you !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there!

I will earn my DVM degree in July and I am officially enrolled in the ECFVG certification program. I want to get a license in the US and right now I am about ready to start studying for BCSE (Step 1 and 2 of the ECFVG completed....phhhewww :laugh:).
I know that BCSE is like a "mini-NAVLE" and so far the resources that I think I am gonna use and that I have are:

1) Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians, 7th edition, McCurnin and Bassert
2) Tschauner's Guide to Small Animal Clinics 3rd edition—Chris and Susan Pasquini
3) Guide to Bovine Clinics 4th edition—Chris and Susan Pasquini
4) Anatomy of Domestic Animals 11th edition— Pasquini, Spurgeon and Pasquini

Not found a guide for Equine Clinics yet but I am looking for the Pasquini's too.

From what I had been reading it looks like most of BCSE (and perhaps NAVLE) are focused on small animals, bovine and equine...swine, avian and exotics shouldn't represent a significant % (if I am wrong, correct me!)

Hope to keep sharing our experience :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your response. I'm just getting started and have to work on step 1 and 2 of BCSE as well. But my plan is to finish all tests within 2 years and get license. Are you in USA, please let me know may be we can keep in touch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, I am not in the US yet! Hope to get there by the end of the summer. But sure, let's keep in touch! :thumbup:

Hi all,
Finally I am done and would like to gave a way all my study material for free. I am located in Chicago.

Good luck to all of you and let me know if I can help.

Best!

HI,

Thanks for responding and congratulations!!. I live in Georgia and I'm interested to get study material from you. Let me know and may be I can figure out how I can get it as you are located in Chicago. Can you tell me what study material that you used.

Thanks,

I am giving a way the vet students lectures starting from anatomy, clin. Path, anesthesiology, large animal surgery, large animal medicine, pathology ect. (~20 folders)
To be honest my major book was The Merck Manuals If you study daily 5-6 hrs, you will finish the book for 6mo. But this book is not enough neither for NAVLE nor BCSE. Additionally I have had use The small animal veterinary nerdbook, NVMS Large animal (I will give you this book too), A to Z, there are lectures available on you tube. When I was ready I used Mosby's and flash card for review.
For BCSE I have used ZUKU review. For this test due to pass the test you need to have passing score for each subject.
For NAVLE I have singed for ZUKU daily questions and I took Vet Prep, plus I took self-assessment test (most helpful to get idea about real test type question). Although people said you do not need to study too much other species beside cow, horses, dogs, cats. I have filling that I had many questions for exotic, poultry, small ruminants, exotic, and two for lama.
I did a year rotation clinic and volunteered in local equine and small animal clinic.
After BCSE I did PhD then I did rest of. I have a family too so if I did it everybody can do too.

Cheers!
e-mail [email protected]

Hi,
I am a veterinarian from india, i did my bvsc. in 2011 and now i am thinking to prepare for Navle, and for that i need to go for ECFVG certification(correct me if i am wrong) ,Since i am in india right now, can you guys suggest me so as how to prepare for all the things or how how should i approach for the certification.
i will be highly thankful to you all if you can help me in any possible way:)

[Hi,
I am a veterinarian from india, i did my bvsc. in 2011 and now i am thinking to prepare for Navle, and for that i need to go for ECFVG certification(correct me if i am wrong) ,Since i am in india right now, can you guys suggest me so as how to prepare for all the things or how how should i approach for the certification.
i will be highly thankful to you all if you can help me in any possible way

guys leave your email contacts who would like to join study group to prepare for navel and get license to practice

Hello any one from India preparing for BCSE exam ? My exam on 22 april gurgaon India. Contact share your views me at [email protected] I rarely use this website.

Hello, I am also preparing for BCSE and NAVLE. Please add me to your study group. My email id is [email protected]. I urgently need to be a part of a study group. Thanks.

Hi All,
Iam done with BCSE and looking forward for December NAVLE,any group formed yet or any serious aspirants plz let me know......my email id [email protected]

Hi All,
Iam done with BCSE and looking forward for December NAVLE,any group formed yet or any serious aspirants plz let me know......my email id [email protected]
Hello, One question, What did you use to prepare for BCSE? It will help a lot if you can share your experience.

Thank you,

Please help me. I did my masters in 2005 and was not in touch for quite long time. I live in the US. It took a long time to clear TOEFL but I did not give up. I appeared 7 times . Scored 24 in listening for so many times. Recently I had a baby who is 9 month old now. I plan to take my BCSE in Dec.i have no idea which books to follow and how to study. It's been a long time. Please help. Anyone interested to study together?