VHA and Active Duty Hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mabassow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, do the VHA and Active Duty medical records systems interact with one another? Can a VA doctor pull up the records of a patient being kept in an active-duty ward? I'm doing a paper on dual-use veterans and couldn't find the answer to this question.

Members don't see this ad.

No, they don't interact, much to my frustration as a worker bee at a hospital that treats many, many VA patients as in-patients. The best we have is a web-based program to access VA patient's information, but that's just a local program. If a VA patient comes from out-of-state, then we're both SOL.

Hello,
I worked in the VA and we were able to enter the base through a local system, everyone in the VA used CPRS. Expect a long wait... :sleep:

it is my understanding that through VISTA, DoD records are available to some extent (at very least know they exist and at what facility the vet was treated. When I received CPRS training, I was told that the eventual goal was to get more complete integration for Veterans records through VistaWeb.

-2Lt