Video MCAT material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuras

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about EK audio osmosis, but I was wondering if many have tried the more expensive videos, like the series on mcat-prep.com. If so, were they any good for you?

Members don't see this ad.

I too would like to know what people think about the videos. I ahve the audio osmosis and i listen to it everyday and some nights when im sleeping (hell why not). I like it though i dont think you could do well not having written materials.

I have bought the videos from mcat prep.com. I paid $230 for all four subjects and have watched them once so far. There are 16 cds total (4/subject) and each cd is 1 hour long. I made copies of the 16 cds on 4 dvds and use them on different computers.

Before studying I watched the videos and I must say I learned alot. I had no clue about anything on the mcat and I learned quite a bit form the videos in a short amount of time. I am reviewing the kaplan notes and will be done soon and hope to watch the videos once again becasue now after studying I will learn even more.

the videos are not boring and are actaully fun to watch. I must say for an Mcat video it wasnt that bad at all. The teacher teaches well and uses a dry erase board to draw pictures and explain reactions etc. Its like a private tutor!

I am in no way advertising for this company and just found the videos helpful to learn the general idea of everyhting. The videos include all the important points but not everyhting you need. You will still have to brush up by reading the review notes. However, after watching the videos you will understand better. I am a vidoe person becasue I claim to have ADD(who doesnt') Any treatment? I cant sit still and study long wihtoput staring or wasting most of time. The videos are pricey and I dont want anyone to buy them becasue of just myt review. I think one can study without them but if you have the cash to dig out then there is no harm in getting them.

Good Luck!

wow

that sounds awesome. I like the EK stuff but i find i can be a visual learner. I may consider buying them myself!

the videos are pretty good for review. ek audio osmosis is really hard to visualize unless you are actively listening and writing notes. the only complaint about the videos are that they are expensive and miss a few topics (ie. magnetism etc.).