Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicomel

Purveyor of short posts.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I logged into their system this morning, only to find that my application is still under review, and should they deem it worthy, I will receive notification to complete their secondary.

Did anybody else get this message, or did you have the go ahead to complete the online application?

Also, is it just me, or is that withdraw application button waaaaay too close? I think it should be off to the side somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

VCU is one of the schools that screens pre-secondary, so I don't think you are supposed to complete the secondary application until you are invited too.

Yeah me too, but I haven't recieve an official email yet, but at the least I know they got my AMCAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, i received that email today. It stinks. somehow i feel that if they havent invited me to fill out the secondary yet, they wont! :( but Ill still keep hoping. I agree about the "withdraw application" button. Way too close!!! Maybe its a sign?

Calm down... they're pretty darn good about telling you about the progression of your application through their system. Since they screen, they let you know when they get your AMCAS, then you'll get "status page change" emails when any action has been taken on your application. So if you're granted a secondary, you'll get a "status page change" email as soon as they review your AMCAS.

I always thought they were one of the better schools about keeping you informed. Better than a black hole that most institutions are.

When i try to log in it says it doesn't recognize my aamc id, any reason why?

goinverted said:
When i try to log in it says it doesn't recognize my aamc id, any reason why?

It might be that they haven't finished entering everyone's apps yet. I know when I tried a few days ago, it didn't work. don't worry though!

When did you submit the AMCAS app? I got verified around 6/16 and I haven't recieve the email yet. I am an instate student if that matter.

beponychick said:
Yes, i received that email today. It stinks. somehow i feel that if they havent invited me to fill out the secondary yet, they wont! :( but Ill still keep hoping. I agree about the "withdraw application" button. Way too close!!! Maybe its a sign?

DrHopeless said:
When did you submit the AMCAS app? I got verified around 6/16 and I haven't recieve the email yet. I am an instate student if that matter.

I submitted my AMCAS on 6/16 and got verified about a week after. However, VCU was not initially on my list of schools and I think I added the school first week in July.

Thank you for the update. I just got the email and I was about to del my msg when you posted.

beponychick said:
I submitted my AMCAS on 6/16 and got verified about a week after. However, VCU was not initially on my list of schools and I think I added the school first week in July.