Virginia DPT 2022-2023 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you get the invite? I’m kind of losing hope since the interview is next week and still haven’t heard anything.
I got my email yesterday evening, dont lose hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! For those that interviewed/ have been accepted into Shenandoah, please send tips!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! For those that interviewed/ have been accepted into Shenandoah, please send tips!!!
Just be yourself and have a conversation with the interviewer and student. Know why you want to be a PT and have stories to back it up. They definitely read and know your application, so they are just trying to figure out who you are as a person and how you communicate with others.

Hello everyone! I wanted to post here to see if anyone has heard back from ODU, Murphy Deming/ Mary Baldwin, or VCU. I had gotten an interview from VCU back in November, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Hello everyone! I wanted to post here to see if anyone has heard back from ODU, Murphy Deming/ Mary Baldwin, or VCU. I had gotten an interview from VCU back in November, but I haven't heard anything since then.
From what I've heard is that VCU and ODU usually send acceptances mid to late December. VCU will waitlist till April.

From what I've heard is that VCU and ODU usually send acceptances mid to late December. VCU will waitlist till April.
Oooh Ok I gotcha! That makes me feel a little better knowing so far! Thank you so much!

Got in to ODU- received the phone call today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who got into Marymount accepted their offer yet?

Does anybody know their waitlist status for shenandoah/marymount?
You won’t find out until after the deadline date, January 15th!

Edit: I was able to email them and they told me my spot. However, they said to check back again next week as it will change after waitlist RSVp/deposit deadline!

Last edited:
If anyone has accepted admission to ODU let me know so we can connect!

Heres to hearing back from schools for the rest of us since the Jan. 15th deadline has passed! hahaha

just got a call from ODU for an acceptance, but I won't be taking the spot. Hopefully one of you can take it! Also waitlisted at Radford and never heard back from VCU so I guess that's a rejection lol

just got a call from ODU for an acceptance, but I won't be taking the spot. Hopefully one of you can take it! Also waitlisted at Radford and never heard back from VCU so I guess that's a rejection lol
Did you know you were on waitlist for ODU? Im just kind of annoyed they're keeping so many people in the dark about wait lists and available spaces.

Got accepted at VCU and waitlisted at ODU. Hope ya'll get some news as well!

Did you know you were on waitlist for ODU? Im just kind of annoyed they're keeping so many people in the dark about wait lists and available spaces.
congrats on the VCU acceptance! that's the only VA school I haven't heard back from. I also just got accepted to Radford after being on the waitlist, but I was accepted to UTMB's hybrid program in Texas in December so I probably won't take that one either.

If anyone here is thinking about Radford vs ODU vs VCU, I'd go with Radford if mountains are your thing (this was my top choice in-state); ODU if the beach is your thing (although I didn't like the general area, but I met 2 PTs who went there and they were great), and VCU if you like a city feel. I've been going to rva since I was younger and I was kinda hoping to not go there just bc I want to travel, but if you're new to the area it's pretty cool and diverse =)