Volunteer hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myribosomesbad

Reaction score
I see a lot of comments saying it’s good to have 250+ hrs for both clinical and non clinical volunteering. Does this mean 250 hrs for each activity, or 250 hrs combined for each category? For example, is it ok to have 100 hrs at a soup kitchen and another 150 hrs at a food pantry for a combined total of 250 hrs of non clinical volunteering, or is it better to have 250 for a single activity? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I see a lot of comments saying it’s good to have 250+ hrs for both clinical and non clinical volunteering. Does this mean 250 hrs for each activity, or 250 hrs combined for each category? For example, is it ok to have 100 hrs at a soup kitchen and another 150 hrs at a food pantry for a combined total of 250 hrs of non clinical volunteering, or is it better to have 250 for a single activity? Thanks for the help!
Read

Usually it's 150 total to avoid getting screened out, 250+ for solid demonstration for evaluation purposes at "higher brand names". In your example, you meet the 250 hour threshold, so then it's up to how well you meet mission and competency. You do not have to put all your hours into one activity, but if you do, that's great. The more hours you have the stronger your argument for a "passion" for serving underserved communities or advocating for health equity (as examples) will be for your "narrative."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Its OK to have all your hours in a single category, like 200+ hrs At the soup kitchen
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you're saying it's ok as long as I have 200+ hrs of total non-clinical volunteering? For example, I have 100 hr at the food pantry and 150 hr at the soup kitchen (two different organizations)

Reactions: 1 user
Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you're saying it's ok as long as I have 200+ hrs of total non-clinical volunteering? For example, I have 100 hr at the food pantry and 150 hr at the soup kitchen (two different organizations)

What I said.

Usually it's 150 total to avoid getting screened out, 250+ for solid demonstration for evaluation purposes at "higher brand names".

Reactions: 1 user