Volunteering forms confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitphire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after a week I finally have a chance to get a volunteer/shadowing position at a local hospital and the lady I talked to threw so much information at me in a span of 20 seconds and now i'm confused. I think she told me I needed to bring in my license and an assault form? What's an assault form and how do I get one? Did anyone else have to do this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just email or call her again and ask her to clarify...
She seemed pretty "hasty". I feel like if i call her again she would talk 10 times faster :laugh: I did ask her to clarify what she said one more time and she definitely said, "Assault form" or "a Salt Form." and since ive never heard of a salt form I just assumed she meant assault.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just email or call her again and ask her to clarify...

I would email her, you will get it in writing (not quickly mumbled over the phone) so it should be clear. Give her some time to respond, although if it's really taking a while I would call. Also, is there a second volunteer coordinator you can email/call? Where I volunteered, one coordinator was much easier to work with than the other two.. We really cannot know what forms your local hospital requires. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I would email her, you will get it in writing (not quickly mumbled over the phone) so it should be clear. Give her some time to respond, although if it's really taking a while I would call. Also, is there a second volunteer coordinator you can email/call? Where I volunteered, one coordinator was much easier to work with than the other two.. We really cannot know what forms your local hospital requires. Good luck.
Sadly they don't have their emails listed. The physicians don't either which I found pretty strange. As for the coordinators, it's just whoever picks up the phone first I believe. Also, i'm suppose to do my screening this Wednesday so they would probably be too late to reply. I was thinking about not showing up with the form and asking them in person on where to get it and bringing it in another time. They have to do a background check and urine test and I assume these take a couple of days anyways so I don't think it should be much of a problem.

I don't think you're going to get an answer here. If you call, rather than just asking what the form was and maybe misunderstanding again, say that you were told you needed another form but are unsure where to get it -- they'll have to tell you a little more info than just the name of the form.

Are there perhaps forms on their website to fill out ahead of time?

Sadly they don't have their emails listed. The physicians don't either which I found pretty strange. As for the coordinators, it's just whoever picks up the phone first I believe. Also, i'm suppose to do my screening this Wednesday so they would probably be too late to reply. I was thinking about not showing up with the form and asking them in person on where to get it and bringing it in another time. They have to do a background check and urine test and I assume these take a couple of days anyways so I don't think it should be much of a problem.
Yeah just ask them in person, I'm sure it will all work out. Also, I really wouldn't bother the physicians with something like this. Good luck and I hope you find your volunteering to be a rewarding experience.

Yeah just ask them in person, I'm sure it will all work out. Also, I really wouldn't bother the physicians with something like this. Good luck and I hope you find your volunteering to be a rewarding experience.
Oh no, I was referring to shadowing with the physicians haha but thanks!

Reactions: 1 user