"W" on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emily Hanson

Reaction score
I am currently a junior majoring in business while pre-dent. I just switched my major within the business school from marketing to management. As a result, the two marketing classes I am enrolled in are not relevant to my major. I am wanting to drop one of these courses and enroll in a management course so I am focusing on relevant credits, but it would result in a "W" on my transcript. I am able to enroll in a management course now, so if I dropped I would add this additional course and still be 3 credits above full time (at 15 credits), the same amount I am taking now. One of my marketing courses is much more difficult than the other, and it would take a lot of the time I want to dedicate on getting a grade in biochem to get an A in this course. I have no withdrawals currently and don't see myself getting any others. How would this single withdrawal impact my application for dental school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrawals may need explaining at some point in the process. Long as you don't have them every semester I doubt it is a real issue. I think theres a section on the application to explain any academic issues as well.

Reactions: 1 user