W or A-?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teleologist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at risk of earning an A- in a prereq class, and this will drop my GPA to a 3.97. Should I take a W, or should I take risk of getting an A-?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely a W... do you really expect to get into any reputable med school with an A-... dream on pal

Reactions: 7 users
WTF?? An A- is pure gold in your situation. An adcom member see that and says, "At least we know he's human." Seriously, a W on an otherwise perfect record telegraphs, "protecting the GPA at all cost" and that gives off more than a whiff of perfectionism that is undesirable.

Reactions: 11 users
Just to be clear, i was totally kidding as I can't imagine this isn't a troll.

Reactions: 1 user
A-!!!? Imagine yourself seeing a perfect, untouched snowfield when you wake up in the beautiful morning of Christmas day. You have a cup of rich and creamy hot chocolate in your hand. Suddenly, you found nasty and smelly elephant poop oi the middle of the perfect snowfield.

That's right. That is your A-. Trust me, nobody will like elephant poop

Anyone like the look of 3.8X or 3.9X GPAs better than 4.0? They just seem more realistic and genuine to me, maybe it is a psychological thing. Obviously the 4.0 is objectively better, but its seems fitting that even very smart/hard working students stumble once in a while.

I heard that it's actually better have a C instead of a A- or W, then retake and make a A. That way you can act like you had some disadvantaged problem and get both the A and the disadvantaged status.

jk. troll.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.