This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how it would look if someone took a W over the summer and ended up getting a B when retaking the course in the Fall? How would that be? Is it necessary to get An A after a W?

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that they took the W because they had a C- or D the first time and still did mediocre when they retook. When you retake a class you would be expected to do well since you have already gone through the material. B is not bad but not stellar either.

Reactions: 1 user
I would think that they took the W because they had a C- or D the first time and still did mediocre when they retook. When you retake a class you would be expected to do well since you have already gone through the material. B is not bad but not stellar either.

Thanks for the response. I was wondering because I know most expect a W to lead to an A.

Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhat depends on the rest of your app and history of academic performance. As the above poster said we all struggle in classes from time to time. If you've shown you can handle tough coursework it won't hurt you all that much, don't worry about it.

Yeah. It's just that I Took a W in Orgo over the summer. Taking it now and got an 85 on the first exam. Yeah there's still time to rebound but was just wondering how it'd look if I pulled a B this time.

I don't see them making that big of a deal over a B. Especially if it's just that one class, I'd be prepared to talk about it as they may mention it if that's your only B.

I don't see them making that big of a deal over a B. Especially if it's just that one class, I'd be prepared to talk about it as they may mention it if that's your only B.

They'd ask about one B when everything else is an A?

They'd ask about one B when everything else is an A?

I'm not 100% sure but if you have straight A's and 1 B I'd be prepared just in case to talk about it for precautions but they most likely won't make a big deal. Probably ask what happened if they even mention it.

I'm not 100% sure but if you have straight A's and 1 B I'd be prepared just in case to talk about it for precautions but they most likely won't make a big deal they're probably ask what happened if they even mention it.

Oh ok. I only have two B's thus far. Orgo mah make it three haha

Oh ok. I only have two B's thus far. Orgo mah make it three haha

Like I said I'm pretty sure they won't make a big deal I wouldn't stress about it.