Wait is SABA EU accredited with NVAO approval???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EternalShadow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if you are an MD graduate of SABA can you get a residency in europe? or only in the netherlands??

Basically, what does it mean?

Members don't see this ad.

^^ the reason I ask this question is that if it is EU approved, and I want to be a doctor in EU, would this school then be a good option??

"As ILOs are largely based on ACGME, they also correspond to the relevant professional practice
in the US / Canadian region. ILOs however do not fully meet the Dutch qualifications framework
as the requirements for practice in the Netherlands (and Europe) are slightly different from those
set by the school. Since the school has no intention to educate for practice in Europe, this is of no
further consequence in the assessment procedure. "

copied from a pdf document here http://search.nvao.net/files/5177a03805eae_report%20SUSOM%20wo-ma%20Docter%20of%20Medicine.pdf

so i guess it's not European Union recognized. Not 100% sure though.

Well if the school is listed in the WHO or Avicenna list of accredited schools, then it will be recognized. But the term "recognition" doesn't really mean much especially if you want to go to the Netherlands because you will have to sit the local medical exam (contains 3 parts) which is known to a horrendously high failing rate.

I would recommend you go to a school in the EU (may it be a 6 year or a 4 year program), that way you can decide later if you want to pursue your specialty training in Europe or the US.

Good luck!