Wait list thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ab91

Reaction score
I have been waitlisted from one of the schools I have applied to.

has anyone had a positive outcome from being placed on a waitlist? I feel like being put on a wait list seems like a soft rejection And I’m not sure how to feel, I feel lIke I should see it as a rejection but I don’t want to lose hope.

Members don't see this ad.

What were your stats? I know people who have been pulled from the waitlist right up through the summer (I've heard right before orientation, too) so don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was the last group to interview and got waitlisted until mid-July before I was accepted. Don't give up hope yet! Send them a letter of intent if you still really want to go to the school. It doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: 1 user
What were your stats? I know people who have been pulled from the waitlist right up through the summer (I've heard right before orientation, too) so don't lose hope!
I was waitlisted for Arizona

honestly not very good.
AA GPA:3.01
OAT: 270

I was the last group to interview and got waitlisted until mid-July before I was accepted. Don't give up hope yet! Send them a letter of intent if you still really want to go to the school. It doesn't hurt to try.

They waitlisted me before inviting me to an interview.

I was waitlisted for Arizona

honestly not very good.
AA GPA:3.01
OAT: 270
Oh, gotchya. Yeah, I'm not sure how that works then, I thought you had interviewed... Did you apply to any other schools? Is that your AA OAT or TS OAT? Maybe try retaking the OAT, too.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, gotchya. Yeah, I'm not sure how that works then, I thought you had interviewed... Did you apply to any other schools? Is that your AA OAT or TS OAT? Maybe try retaking the OAT, too.

Yeah that was my AA. I do plan to retake here after the 90 day rest period. I’m shooting to retake dec/Jan depending on what is available at my testing site.

I was confused, I didn’t know you could be waitlisted before an interview as well. But Arizona wasn’t my dream school. So fingers crossed I hear better news from my other applied schools lol

thanks for your insight!