Waiting Lists For California Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laurybarra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!!!!

I am starting this new thread, so we can help each other. Some of us got accepted to more than one school, specially in California. By now everybody should know their results. Many of us are probably in waiting lists, expecting to get a call from other school before we have to pay any deposit to another school.

Please, try to let others know what your plans are, if you have made up your mind. Waiting in waiting lists is not pleasant, since you feel lost and confused, and full of hopes.

Please, if anybody made any decisions yet, try to call the schools as soon as you can to let them know that someone else can take your place. We are all a big family and we share the same expectations and frustations. Lets try be considerate and kind and help each other.

Thank you very much, guys. Best of lucks to all of you!.

Members don't see this ad.

hi laura,

i really appreciate this move of yours....thanks a lot..i was thinking of posting something like this but was reluctant because there are many people who are silent members or just visitors and who might have actually received admits but chose not to participate actively in SDN.....so i thought that it was pointless......

i think ppl who have been accepted should come forward and let others know of their plans so that waitlisted ones know where they stand and whether they will be able to get into school this time or not!!

regards,

HGL:)

good job laurybarra :thumbup:

I really request all my dear lucky friends who have been accepted in more than one school to plzzzzzz make the decision quickly and relieve us from this horrible period of waiting:(

And laurybarra if i am not wrong u r accepted in USC,,r u waitlisted somewhere else????just curious:confused:

All the best to waitlisted students
HAPPY WAITING:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Swetgal, I was accepted to USC. I was also accepted at Columbia University, but I called as soon as I knew about USC to let them know that I was not attending. I am in the alternates list at UCLA, but I still don't know what my chances are there, since I have not received any notification yet. I know there are many people that will give up there seats at UCLA and USC, so I thought they would be able to let everybody know through these forum.

Good luck to everyone and don't give up your hopes just yet!!!.

Hi,
I gave up my spot in USC. Good luck to those on the alternate list!!

Thank you laurybarra and uli8 for making the decision quickly...
but if i am not wrong even few more people got into other schools who got into usc like:

mo77
Dralura
Dentzy
egyptieneyes77
Dental dude

i request all of u to make the decision at the earliest of ur convinience...

Thanks a lot

small wonder got accepted into USC and BU...Dralaura got into USC, UOP and LLU......

small wonder got accepted into USC and BU...Dralaura got into USC, UOP and LLU......

hey drdentist,,r u waitisted at usc,,including me there are 14 people on waitlist as of my knowledge...

yeah I am in alternate list...so that makes total of 15....

yeah I am in alternate list...so that makes total of 15....

join the club and cross ur fingers:thumbup:
well i have collected all waitlisted names

sweetgal
drdentist23
smile2007
enamel
dentaldoc81
dentist75
goodluck_77
dibbles
nident12
neelima battina and two of her friends
and two of my friends who are not from sdn
anyone else plz come forward so that we know if we should expect something from here or just forget and move on!!!!

[QUOTE=sweetgal;

i know 1 person who is also waitlisted inUSC.but don't know whether he has posted on sdn or not.One friend of mine was also waitlisted but she got in UCSF

that means 15 waitlisted and 9 got accepted in other schools,,,so i think for sure they will opt out for other schools over usc if i am not wrong,,,so for now chances are 1:2...so friends we can expect something atleast,,now rest is in gods hands

all the best:thumbup:
if more people plzzz come forward

Hi guys

one of my freind is waitlisted at USC too and not a SDN member....so total up...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow nice work gals.....

So, any ideas about UOP too???

I guess Dentzy will drop UOP....she's busy these days otherwise she must have posted that.

I guess Dentzy will drop UOP....she's busy these days otherwise she must have posted that.

if dentzy is planning to drop uop then where is she going to go???any idea...
coz i think she has a bunch of acceptance...

if dentzy is planning to drop uop then where is she going to go???any idea...
coz i think she has a bunch of acceptance...

Hi sweetgal,

I am definitely not going to UOP...as my friend drDentist 23 said.(thanks )
But i am still not sure where I'll go.I will decide between UCLA & USC.
If you know anyone in these schools that I can talk to, on phone, pls. tell me .
If you have any info. that will help me decide,pls. let me know asap.

THANKS & :thumbup: ,
DENTZY

Guys, does anybody remember when was the last day to let UCLA know if we are attending that school or not? I am asking this because I would like to know when people in waiting list will start getting news. Also, does anybody know how many people are there in UCLA's waiting list?.
Thanks to all of you who keep this threat going.

Hi sweetgal,

I am definitely not going to UOP...as my friend drDentist 23 said.(thanks )
But i am still not sure where I'll go.I will decide between UCLA & USC.
If you know anyone in these schools that I can talk to, on phone, pls. tell me .
If you have any info. that will help me decide,pls. let me know asap.

THANKS & :thumbup: ,
DENTZY

hey plz check ur pm

i think they are supposed to deposit $5000 till 8th of december.

hi
count me in for the wait listed candidate for USC
thanks for starting this thread.

nice work..
count me in too as alternate...
I think there are more than 20 alternate now.

Sorry I hadn't posted, I hadn't been on in a few days....my husbands father was visiting and had been busy entertaining. I will be attending LLU, so that opens up a spot at UOP and USC, and takes me off the wating list at UCLA.

Good luck to everyone, let us know when they begin contacting those on waiting lists!

Sorry I hadn't posted, I hadn't been on in a few days....my husbands father was visiting and had been busy entertaining. I will be attending LLU, so that opens up a spot at UOP and USC, and takes me off the wating list at UCLA.

Good luck to everyone, let us know when they begin contacting those on waiting lists!

congratulations dralaura for multiple acceptances,,,just curious to know if u already told usc that u will not be attending,,,

and friends even i wanna know any idea when they will start contacting waitlisters,,,did anybody call meghan???any input will be appreciated...

sweet gal you are doing a great job on this site.Laura started a great thing for alternate listings.I'm sure this is going to be very helpful so all those getting multiple acceptances please send in ur responses at the earliest.
Hey this is not only for the west coast but for the east coast n other schools too.

sweet gal you are doing a great job on this site.Laura started a great thing for alternate listings.I'm sure this is going to be very helpful so all those getting multiple acceptances please send in ur responses at the earliest.
Hey this is not only for the west coast but for the east coast n other schools too.

thank you!!!but i think we all should actively participate over here and work out so that we get an idea of our chances,,Do u have any idea when they will start contacting alternates???Do tell us if u have any updated info from them!!!

well howz ur prep going on for minnesota???wish u all the best:thumbup:

Hi,
Sorry but I would like to ask you all which are your scores at Part 1 & 2. You may replay with private message.
I heard from a foreign-trained dentist who is now student in a dental school that even candidates who have scored 90-95 were failing. The same dentist has told me that some candidates who scored under 85, like 80s or even 78-79 were accepted, just because they have had skills.
My Part 1 score is 80. Not so great but I have skills so maybe I am lucky next year. Right now I am preparing for Part 2.
Please I need your opinion. Thank you!
Good luck to all !!! :luck:

Hello Everyone !.....I really need advice because I have an extremely difficult decision to make . I got accepted in both schools ....I feel very honored by this!
Also I let you guys know that I left and space for somebody else in UCSF , in case somebody is still waiting for them
I spoke with some people but I need a fresh perspective on both programs.
How about the patients ?
How about clinic chairs?
Or anything else that may help my decision only I have one extra day.
Thanks

Hi,
Sorry but I would like to ask you all which are your scores at Part 1 & 2. You may replay with private message.
I heard from a foreign-trained dentist who is now student in a dental school that even candidates who have scored 90-95 were failing. The same dentist has told me that some candidates who scored under 85, like 80s or even 78-79 were accepted, just because they have had skills.
My Part 1 score is 80. Not so great but I have skills so maybe I am lucky next year. Right now I am preparing for Part 2.
Please I need your opinion. Thank you!
Good luck to all !!! :luck:

The trend nowadays seems to be higher scores (anything above an 85 is safe IF your resume is NICE; otherwise a 90+ is a must!). The higher the better. You may have skills but do you know how skillful are fellow applicants? And an 80 is good, but not competitive enough for dental school. Yes, there is one person with an 81 whom I know got in last year. But his resume looked awesome! I am not saying you won't get in, all I am saying is it may be a hard battle. It's hard to digest, but try improving your score if you can. I don't know anything about you... so this is my opinion.
Also, people say if you are not Desi (Southeast Asian) you should be ok... I don't agree because I have seen non-desis (with higher scores than Desis) not get in. Your nationality matters, but maybe only 1%. It's all about how relative to the dental field have you worked... on an average applicants have an 85 score on their part 1 and some volunteering/working as a dental assistant at a dentists office in the US and probably some 1/2 year to 1 year's experience as a dentist in their home country. So if you are competing with about 500 such applicants, there must be something outstanding in your application for you to get the interviews, after which it is upto you to impress them! So that was my opinion from my 2 year experience in application cycles... suggestions welcome...:D

You sent me a message and then you got the information you wanted and then dont answer back....what's up?

You sent me a message and then you got the information you wanted and then dont answer back....what's up?

Hello Everyone !.....I really need advice because I have an extremely difficult decision to make . I got accepted in both schools ....I feel very honored by this!
Also I let you guys know that I left and space for somebody else in UCSF , in case somebody is still waiting for them
I spoke with some people but I need a fresh perspective on both programs.
How about the patients ?
How about clinic chairs?
Or anything else that may help my decision only I have one extra day.
Thanks

congratulations for multiple acceptances,,,but u dint mention which two schools are u accepted???

Hey, guys!

I have some news. My friend got accepted in 3 schools. USC, UCSF and UCLA. She will most probably be attending UCSF. So that leaves one spot opened for USC and one for UCLA. The problem is that she did not call the schools yet. She can not until she makes sure about her hubby's job in SF.

I thought i'd let you know about this. Also, does anybody PLEASEEEE know how many people are in waiting list in UCLA???.:confused: When are we suppose to start having news?

Thanks and take care!

Hey, guys!

I have some news. My friend got accepted in 3 schools. USC, UCSF and UCLA. She will most probably be attending UCSF. So that leaves one spot opened for USC and one for UCLA. The problem is that she did not call the schools yet. She can not until she makes sure about her hubby's job in SF.

I thought i'd let you know about this. Also, does anybody PLEASEEEE know how many people are in waiting list in UCLA???.:confused: When are we suppose to start having news?

Thanks and take care!

thats a gr88 news,,that makes up a total of 10 usc people who got accepted in other schools...

looks like u r very keen on getting into ucla,,,thats a gr88 school obviously,,dont worry i am sure u will get in,,,i wil pray for u..

all the best:thumbup:

Got a waitlist letter from ucla today. :laugh:

Sweetgal, yes I have emailed both UOP and USC to let them know that I will not be attending. UOP sent me an email in response letting me know that my acceptance offer was withdrawn.

Hey, Docnic:

How's everything??. I acan't believe I have not received my letter yet. And I live in LA!!!!. That's crazy...

Could u please tell me what your letter says???. I am:confused: dying of curiosity here to know what my status is...

Thanks a lot!

thank you!!!but i think we all should actively participate over here and work out so that we get an idea of our chances,,Do u have any idea when they will start contacting alternates???Do tell us if u have any updated info from them!!!

well howz ur prep going on for minnesota???wish u all the best:thumbup:

thanks for the good wishes-i know that is an essential requirement too:D
Right now preps for minnesota are getting centered on the weather :eek: front:Good God it can't be crazier right now.
Have not heard anything from usc yet so no updates there.Will wait for tomorrow's deadline and expect some update from them by next week.
Any interviews up for you?
yep have got a lot of dose about being non active-shall try to improve there:)

Hey, Docnic:

How's everything??. I acan't believe I have not received my letter yet. And I live in LA!!!!. That's crazy...

Could u please tell me what your letter says???. I am:confused: dying of curiosity here to know what my status is...

Thanks a lot!

Hi laurybarra
The letter is dated of 22nd november and postmarked of 27th nov.
I've had called nate last week and he said he will call waitlisted candidates. I didnt got a call and thought m rejected but today i got this letter stating m on waitlist. It doesnt give any ranks or requests us to pay as is uop.
Dont worry all shall be fine.

Goodluck

thanks for the good wishes-i know that is an essential requirement too:D
Right now preps for minnesota are getting centered on the weather :eek: front:Good God it can't be crazier right now.
Have not heard anything from usc yet so no updates there.Will wait for tomorrow's deadline and expect some update from them by next week.
Any interviews up for you?
yep have got a lot of dose about being non active-shall try to improve there:)

Ya weather is really getting crazier slowly,,,,But u will do fine dont worry sweety,,and i heard its just a personal interview ,,,something like upenn..
And what deadlines are u talking abt,,is it uop and ucsf???coz i know for ucla its 8th december,,,so may be we should wait until 8th and then expect something:scared: .......

Just received a letter from UCLA that says I am waitlisted

Last edited:
its the USC deadline for initial deposit submission.
Thanks for the good wishes.Am pretty much looking forward to the minnesota experience.

is there anyone declining admission to ucsf , please post , it will help the waitlisted stuents know their chances.Thanks.

its the USC deadline for initial deposit submission.
Thanks for the good wishes.Am pretty much looking forward to the minnesota experience.

has anyone receieved a postal mail saying some student receipt,,coz i have received one which is dated 29th of november,,but i dint pay any money recently:confused: ,,,can someone tell me what does this mean????

Hi All,
I have finally made my decision.I will be going to UCLA........(My dream school) & have given USC up.That opens up one more spot from my side.
So, Good luck to all waiting.:thumbup:

DENTZY:)

Hi Sweet gal,
I received it too,I called Meghan & she told its the ASPID interview fee receipt

has anyone receieved a postal mail saying some student receipt,,coz i have received one which is dated 29th of november,,but i dint pay any money recently:confused: ,,,can someone tell me what does this mean????

I have received it, too. I think maybe it's the receipt of the application fee ($145). I wonder why it comes too late!!!

V.

Hi Sweet gal,
I received it too,I called Meghan & she told its the ASPID interview fee receipt

interview fee receipt!!!!!:laugh::laugh:
my heart nearly skipped two to three beats when i saw that mail in my mail box,,,i hope soon we get another mail with soon good news