waitlised at u of m :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted951073

So I received the news in March that I got waitlisted for pharmacy school. And currently the next available seat is for the person at #3, I'm at #12.
I know I should keep waiting and see what happens but from recent years, do people usually get off the waitlist?
Also the u of m has another list called the "alternate list", and people on this list are the ones who got accepted after the rolling admissions are over. People on the waitlist come before the alternate list. So I'm thinking, since there is another list worse than the waitlist I have a good chance because why have another list if people on the first list are not gonna get in?
People are telling me since my number is under 20 that's good and I really want to believe that because this is the only school I applied to. I can't afford living in a dorm.
Please let me know. Thank you in advance, really appreciate it :D

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I would take it as a sign from God and pursue other careers. But that is me. Realistically, a cheap state school is going to have far few people turning down the acceptance because they'd rather go to an expensive for-profit school, then the other way around (ie, if you were on a wait list at an expensive for-profit school, your chances or getting off of it would be greater.) As for the 2 lists, it sounds like the "wait list" you are on, is the actual wait list, and the other "alternate list" is the wait list for everybody else (most schools these days tell everybody who is turned down that they are on the "wait list", it must makes for better public relations then actually telling people their admission was denied, even though there is no chance those people are going to get off the "wait list."

As for your individual chances, who knows? It's going to vary from year to year, some years schools go way down on their wait lists, other years, nobody gets off the wait-list. It just depends how many accepted people decide to bail for another school or another career.

Reactions: 3 users
I wouldn't get too mad. Pharmacists are getting offers for 70k per year right now. Unless this is is your 'passion' I would imagine you can easily find this pay elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a blessing in disguise. What better way to get out of pharmacy by not getting admitted into pharmacy school to begin with?

Reactions: 3 users
It’s like having a scammer turn down their offer to sell you a bridge. Consider yourself very lucky.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.