Waitlist Concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMM1830

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I just got accepted on to the waitlist to Jefferson University. I know every school and situation is a little different. But, more than not, do these things have a thing for working out or is it kind of a long-shot? Thank you for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on how the school operates their wait-list. Did they give you a ranking? Take for example if you were ranked #53 out of #60 than I would say it is a long shot. If you are within reach than I would certainly not give up. I was taken off three wait lists last year, but I was in the top 10 on each of those list.

Today I just got accepted on to the waitlist to Jefferson University. I know every school and situation is a little different. But, more than not, do these things have a thing for working out or is it kind of a long-shot? Thank you for the help.

what were your stats if you dont mind me asking? i applied there too and im waiting on a answer from them. also, did they require a interview from you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Chung, FYI, Jefferson doesn't hold interviews. If you were supposed to hear by now, email the administration. They are very helpful! I applied there, but just withdrew due to time limit on prereqs. :( Just couldn't handle another 2 courses next semester on top of my load already...

Good luck!

what were your stats if you dont mind me asking? i applied there too and im waiting on a answer from them. also, did they require a interview from you?

I think I am still waiting to be waitlisted - or rejected - from Jefferson! They mailed a letter a few weeks ago stating that after a preliminary review of my application they've decided that they need to see additional coursework before completing a full review. Since I work full-time only completed one course this semester - and it was my worst grade yet - so I am assuming that is not gonna swing things in my favor!

Good Luck to you! :luck:

I have not applied to this school but I applied to another and I am an alternate. They have 30 spots total. Does anyone know how many people are typically on a waitlist/alternate list?

I got accepted to Jefferson about a month ago, I think the deposit was due by January 14th. So possibly some spots will open up after that. Good Luck!

i'm hoping to get into jefferson as well....but i havent heard anything. they made a HUGE mistake by emailing me the supplemental application to an email address i dont even use (my only guess on how they got it is that i requested information from them back in high school). so basically my application is like a month delayed.

anyway, i spoke with the guy and he said they have been getting back to students about a month after beginning the app review.

i'm particularly interested in jeff bc they dont require the GRE's. they pretty much screwed me for the other top programs.

From my understanding, Jefferson does not require interviews.

My stats consist of:

Science GPA: 3.46
Overall GPA: 3.21
130 hours of PT shadowing; 160 hours of sports rehab shadowing; 400+ community service hours.
I'm going to assume that I have good letters of rec.
And Jefferson doesn't require the GRE.

I was waitlisted last year at Jefferson (2008-2009 application process). Since so many people were waitlisted, it took a long time to hear back for them regarding your status. I was still getting updates even in July and August. Ultimately, I was rejected.

However, your stats look better than mine. Good luck!!