waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toes crossed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted off a waitlist THIS application year?? If so, when were you placed on the waitlist and then when did you recieve an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

nice question...im interested to hear answers! im still waiting :xf:

I was told I was in the "top 8" of the UCSF wait list. I got a phone call roughly a week or two later saying I was first on the wait list and I was in the program. Many people get into programs off the wait list, my recommendation is to wait an appropriate length of time, call the admissions rep, and find out where you are. Depending on the school/class size there is a lot of potential for movement. There is hope! : )

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on a waitlist during the first week of September (when I submitted my application), and then was informed of acceptance roughly two weeks later. Another program waitlisted me and told that I was in the bottom 50% of the alternates, so I withdrew my application.

I would encourage you to call the program and ask where you stand on the waitlist. Take that time and reiterate your desire to enter that program (if appropriate in the conversation). Good luck; there's still time!

Thanks for the responses! I'm still in that awkward phase, as I like to call it, where I am waiting for an appropriate time to contact them and ask questions. The schools I've been waitlisted at do not disclose the applicants position...so its making my wording a little tricky!

MUSC sent out acceptance offers around February 15th and my wife was placed on the wait list. They stated that they don't let people know where they are on the wait list so we just kept checking emails daily. In the mean time we found out through the forums on SDN that at least one person had been accepted off of the wait list over the first weekend. That helped to raise our hopes. Then my wife received here offer on February 21st. When she was wait listed we had mixed feelings, kinda like it was a consolation prize. Now that she has been accepted we realize it is just part of the process. Wait list is not a bad thing, a flat out rejection would be.

So I am on a waitlist and was told that it is unranked at this point and they will not rank it until maybe April. I really can't think of what else I could call and ask about or what else I can do, so I'm just trying to wait patiently. Any suggestions?