Waitlisted for School? What are the dates to look out for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optstudent1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question for those that have been waitlisted for SCCO & Berkeley. Three weeks ago, I found out I was accepted by ICO. While I really liked the campus and enjoy the people I've met there so far, but I would like to remain in California if it's possible.

Now I'm a little torn between what I'm suppose to do. I have reserved a seat at ICO. However, if I do get accepted by SCCO or if I clear Berkeley's waitlist, I would rather attend a California school. Since I won't be finding out my waitlist status for SCCO until May 15th, that will leave me little time to figure out how and where to move to Chicago.

Is anyone in a similar situation? Also, does anyone know when Berkeley would start to announce their waitlist situation?

Thanks,
chris

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a similar situation to yours except ICO is my top choice as of now. I have lived in California all my life and I don't mind spending the rest of the next 4 years in another state if I know that I will be offered a great established clinical program and curriculum.

I didn't apply to Berkeley but I did apply to SCCO and Western. I am on the Alternate List at SCCO and was accepted to Western. But I put down a deposit for ICO. I am also waiting to hear back where I rank on the Alternate List hopefully by mid-May.

When do you hear back from SCCO? Did you already have your interview?